MLS Cup Playoffs - October 17 - Miami (Home)

Monday's FanDuel line:

NYCFC -155; Draw +280; Miami +350 (most negative odds (I don't know if I'm writing that correct) matchup of Round One)

FiveThirtyEight

NYCFC 79%; Miami 21% (most favorited matchup of Round One)
Tuesday's FanDuel line (has NOT moved with change in venue):

NYCFC - 170; Draw +300; Miami +380

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
Tuesday's FanDuel line (has moved with change in venue):

NYCFC - 170; Draw +300; Miami +380
Odd that moving the game to a stadium where NYCFC has had less success from the one it was originally scheduled at (as a home team) would result in the line moving more in NYCFC's favor.

Odd that moving the game to a stadium where NYCFC has had less success from the one it was originally scheduled at (as a home team) would result in the line moving more in NYCFC's favor.
I meant to write it has not changed. It was same line this morning. Sorry.

The number of games in both venues is pretty low. That's especially true of City, which only has 6 games by my count counting the 2019 playoff. That hardly provides a meaningful basis for comparison.

The number of games in both venues is pretty low. That's especially true of City, which only has 6 games by my count counting the 2019 playoff. That hardly provides a meaningful basis for comparison.
Absolutely. Just moreso wanted to provide a reminder that the team has done quite well at RBA as the home team and hasn't performed significantly better at Citi Field.

woo! back to city! too bad it's a holiday and i'll miss it, but I hope we win...!

Funny how the emails went out, but there's no confirmation anywhere that it was moved on the websites.

Reactions: moogoo
This is just an outstanding job by the NYCFC front office. I am sure this was an extremely difficult move to make based on logistics. They did the right thing here, and they deserve kudos for it. I imagine it's been beyond chaotic in the office this week as they tried to make this happen. This team is dealing with an extremely complicated and frustrating scenario. The first year the Mets and Yankees are both good, the season gets moved up right into the MLB postseason window and they have nowhere to play. This is a case of fan relations winning out over ease and simplicity. They didn't have to do this. They deserve praise for pulling this trigger.

MLS also deserves praise for being flexible. Great job by everyone.