MLS Cup Playoffs - October 17 - Miami (Home)

This is just an outstanding job by the NYCFC front office. I am sure this was an extremely difficult move to make based on logistics. They did the right thing here, and they deserve kudos for it. I imagine it's been beyond chaotic in the office this week as they tried to make this happen. This team is dealing with an extremely complicated and frustrating scenario. The first year the Mets and Yankees are both good, the season gets moved up right into the MLB postseason window and they have nowhere to play. This is a case of fan relations winning out over ease and simplicity. They didn't have to do this. They deserve praise for pulling this trigger.

MLS also deserves praise for being flexible. Great job by everyone.
100% agree.

You can see they really DO want the team playing outside of RBA, but sometimes there's just nothing they can do. And they worked their asses off over this past few days to get this to happen.

The FO has had some excellent wins in the past few years (think the MLS cup celebration w the players), and I think this is one of them, and should be remembered as such.

Any word about Talles or Tayvon?
Since when has this team given injury updates?

The only injury updates we usually get are when a player is out the rest of the season, so I'll take no news as good news in that regard.

Reactions: Kjbert
Since when has this team given injury updates?

The only injury updates we usually get are when a player is out the rest of the season, so I'll take no news as good news in that regard.
I’m not saying that it’s coming from the club. There are people who know people within the club as well as twitter accounts that post some updates like this. Sometimes Glenn Crooks tweets stuff like this. Just curious if anyone saw anything because I haven’t

I’m not saying that it’s coming from the club. There are people who know people within the club as well as twitter accounts that post some updates like this. Sometimes Glenn Crooks tweets stuff like this. Just curious if anyone saw anything because I haven’t

normally its two days before the game, but not sure if they do pre game press conferences on weekend? so maybe friday.

Reactions: CCMore
This is just an outstanding job by the NYCFC front office. I am sure this was an extremely difficult move to make based on logistics. They did the right thing here, and they deserve kudos for it. I imagine it's been beyond chaotic in the office this week as they tried to make this happen. This team is dealing with an extremely complicated and frustrating scenario. The first year the Mets and Yankees are both good, the season gets moved up right into the MLB postseason window and they have nowhere to play. This is a case of fan relations winning out over ease and simplicity. They didn't have to do this. They deserve praise for pulling this trigger.

MLS also deserves praise for being flexible. Great job by everyone.
I agree, but I'm kind of surprised they haven't made it public yet. Even a "the venue has changed to Citi Field, further details to come" type of notice or even tweet.

Reactions: moogoo
I agree, but I'm kind of surprised they haven't made it public yet. Even a "the venue has changed to Citi Field, further details to come" type of notice or even tweet.

I am sure there is an unimaginable level of scrambleness going on in the front office right now as they try to get this spun up. Give them some time. They did email season-ticket holders last night, so I assume the full public release is coming at some point today.

Reactions: Shwafta
Makes sense that Neville is filling his diaper over this: It's a major competitive disadvantage for his team to play at Citi Field instead of Red Bull Arena.

At least they'll have an excuse when we kick their ass and send them into winter on Monday.

As Paul Harvey noted on Twitter, not sure what the World Cup has to do with this.

Makes sense that Neville is filling his diaper over this: It's a major competitive disadvantage for his team to play at Citi Field instead of Red Bull Arena.

At least they'll have an excuse when we kick their ass and send them into winter on Monday.

i assume they have been let know about the change by now no? Kinda weird the STH are let know before anyone else?

Reactions: Kjbert
As Paul Harvey noted on Twitter, not sure what the World Cup has to do with this.
The World Cup is coming 4 years and:
  • Americans still call it soccer
  • We also still say goalies and shutouts
  • Atlanta, Seattle and New England all play on artificial turf
  • Pulisic still isn’t getting respect at Chelsea
  • The Chicago Fire still has not won a World Cup
  • Phil is still a wanker

good ole neville. always finding something to pick on and bitch about.

guess what phil.. your flight would probably be the same regardless of the stadium. your hotel would likely change, but if that's difficult for a club like inter to handle, then shame on them. i'm sure you can hit an AirBNB in queens. lol your supporters...