MLS Cup Playoffs - October 17 - Miami (Home)

Now official, and tickets are live on Ticketmaster.

The release on NYCFC's website says Citi Field and the Mets agreed to delay construction until after the first-round match, so it sounds like it may be difficult to get more home games at Citi if there are upsets, unless they are able to continue to convince the Mets to push back their construction.

Reactions: Kjbert
The amount of diaper filling on official Inter Miami channels is truly stunning and hilarious. If the first team is as annoyed as their twitter/website folks, we're going to destroy them on Monday.

Hopefully we get a good crowd of around 20k. When they opened sales to the public, the sections down the 1st base line were not for sale, now they are. Hopefully that is a demand based expansion, rather than a glitch I caught when they first went up for sale.

Last edited:
To be a little bit fair the club should have said that they would make an effort to change the stadium if the Mets lost. They made it seem like RBA was set in stone.
PR disaster waiting to happen.

Statement: "we will try our best to change stadium to Citi if they lose"

Then on the chance Mets/Citi refuse, everyone will say "wow, the FO barely tried" etc. etc.

PR disaster waiting to happen.

Statement: "we will try our best to change stadium to Citi if they lose"

Then on the chance Mets/Citi refuse, everyone will say "wow, the FO barely tried" etc. etc.

Also you don't want to look at your partners and say, "We hope you lose so we can take your stadium." I actually think they handled this whole situation well. It was chaotic, but no one will remember that chaos when the gates open at 5:30 on Monday and we're playing our home game in Queens instead of in New Jersey.

The new statement is worded that only Round One will be played at Citi Field and then construction will start. There is a path that NYCFC plays the entire playoffs all through MLS Cup at home.

lmfao i love the very clear and deliberate baseball stadium lines
I really don't mind the jabs they take there with that. The "curve ball" reference is good and one we haven't heard before. Even the continuous references to "mets baseball stadium" or "yankees baseball stadium" are ok. They're calling out our bad stadium situation.

But acting like it's an atrocious thing that NYCFC will host their game in one of their preferred home stadiums is just too much. Neville is going over board, Miami fans are acting like they just found out NYCFC plays their home games in a baseball stadium.

And the Inter Fort Lauderdale twitter account is acting confused that NYCFC, a team who has hosted 87% of their MLS games in baseball stadiums, will be hosting their playoff game, in a baseball stadium.

I really don't mind the jabs they take there with that. The "curve ball" reference is good and one we haven't heard before. Even the continuous references to "mets baseball stadium" or "yankees baseball stadium" are ok. They're calling out our bad stadium situation.

But acting like it's an atrocious thing that NYCFC will host their game in one of their preferred home stadiums is just too much. Neville is going over board, Miami fans are acting like they just found out NYCFC plays their home games in a baseball stadium.

And the Inter Fort Lauderdale twitter account is acting confused that NYCFC, a team who has hosted 87% of their MLS games in baseball stadiums, will be hosting their playoff game, in a baseball stadium.
Hey cut them some slack. They are Florida men (and women) who get confused about very simple things. Florida Man Challenge

Running this social media account is probably tough from the retirement home.

just watched the latest inside training vid..

no sign of magno or gray, not even doing light work in the gym, which isn't a good sign for monday..

hopefully we can get an update on them tomorrow.

just watched the latest inside training vid..

no sign of magno or gray, not even doing light work in the gym, which isn't a good sign for monday..

hopefully we can get an update on them tomorrow.
I wouldn't expect to see anything on them whether or not they weren't there all together, or if they practiced fully. I am also expecting that Cushing will be very wishy-washy on their status and they'll both be listed as questionable on the injury report. Cushing has played games with this since taking over as interim coach and wouldn't expect him to stop doing that.

Also, FYI, the press conference is scheduled for Saturday, so that's when I expect we'll see some "news" regarding injury statuses.

I wouldn't expect to see anything on them whether or not they weren't there all together, or if they practiced fully. I am also expecting that Cushing will be very wishy-washy on their status and they'll both be listed as questionable on the injury report. Cushing has played games with this since taking over as interim coach and wouldn't expect him to stop doing that.

Also, FYI, the press conference is scheduled for Saturday, so that's when I expect we'll see some "news" regarding injury statuses.

ah the mind games. even so, it would have been encouraging to at least see them doing some PT or something from a fan point of view. but I get it and support all methods to mess with neville.