MLS Cup Playoffs - October 23 - Montreal (Away)

Now I know what album I'm putting on, although I was always a Sister or Daydream Nation guy.

Not a reference I thought I'd ever see.
Daydream Nation, Hell yeah.
Kool Thing, however, is a classic in my house... your post just sent me spinning into Simple Men, Hal Hartley and Adrienne Shelly. That seems like a whole different NYC.

Reactions: Revfugee and Kenny
This goes hard
Kool Thing would be a great second half opener song. They’ve been doing Wolf Mother, but I really miss when they used to do Jack White’s Lazaretto (Jack and City share a blue theme). And the Michael Rappoport “ode” to the city was pretty rad too. Wish they still ran that. Or at least they could do some sort of update. Feels like they were trying harder on the culture front in the first couple of years. This is a nice echo of that.

he sure did. but i think in a game where we need to maintain possession, parks is better suited.

acevedo was great containing pozuelo.
Gonna be interesting to see how Nick handles this. Acevedo-Parks is not like for like and If Parks and Fredo were both healthy I’d expect a double pivot with Chanot to sit, though 3ATB has been working pretty well lately and Chanot was beast Mode against Miami.

Good problem to have though with Cacha in form and Keaton available. I kinda like what Nick has been doing, starting Cacha and holding the Keaton card to either help inject a spark or help kill the game, depending on the second half need.

Reactions: moogoo and Kjbert
I ended up having a clear Sunday with the kids all going off to friends or grandparents. I thought of making the trip to Montreal late tonight, was looking at a hotel, then realized my passport is expired.
Oh well. Maybe next year

Anyone know where Los Templados watch games? I'm up for watching the game with some atmosphere and not having to battle for TVs with Giants fans.

Gonna be interesting to see how Nick handles this. Acevedo-Parks is not like for like and If Parks and Fredo were both healthy I’d expect a double pivot with Chanot to sit, though 3ATB has been working pretty well lately and Chanot was beast Mode against Miami.

Good problem to have though with Cacha in form and Keaton available. I kinda like what Nick has been doing, starting Cacha and holding the Keaton card to either help inject a spark or help kill the game, depending on the second half need.
Interesting, indeed. I bet the midnight oil is burning. Nick has gone from trying to scrape together an XI to having too many options. LOL

I get the sense this could be one of the games of the postseason.

Whatever happens, NYCFC has given us a hell of a last two seasons. I hope they win, and I think they can win., But no matter what happens, I'm damn proud of what they've accomplished.

... A hell of a lot more proud than I have of the namesake in my user name.

I'm surprisingly not nervous for the game. We win or we lose, but whatever happens I think this season was a success to how far we've come now.

...That being said, I hope to see you all in Philadelphia next sunday ;)