MLS Cup Playoffs - October 23 - Montreal (Away)

Nick masterclass today.
Also…
Santi, Gaby and Talles are undoubtedly the best three a-mids on one team in the league. In the middle of the match they were just toying with MTL. The class differential was stark.
I did NOT like the Haak sub but I retrospect it was smart to get some size in there against Kamara, etc.
Cacha had a couple of farts but overall solid again.
Martins and SJ both screwed up on the goal. Good to see that they seemed to mutally acknowledge it. SJ was stellar, and then that.

Fischer seemed determined to screw us until about 50’ but whatever.
Dunny had it right: this team is capable of both the most attractive football in MLS and of grinding it out. We saw both today

Nick masterclass today.
Also…
Santi, Gaby and Talles are undoubtedly the best three a-mids on one team in the league. In the middle of the match they were just toying with MTL. The class differential was stark.
I did NOT like the Haak sub but I retrospect it was smart to get some size in there against Kamara, etc.
Cacha had a couple of farts but overall solid again.
Martins and SJ both screwed up on the goal. Good to see that they seemed to mutally acknowledge it. SJ was stellar, and then that.

Fischer seemed determined to screw us until about 50’ but whatever.
Dunny had it right: this team is capable of both the most attractive football in MLS and of grinding it out. We saw both today
P.s. my crooked 2EDDA4FD-42D1-43BD-A187-85312631153F.jpegstar blank authentic is now 5-0-0.

I hope the injuries are not too bad to chanot and anyone else. Really need the team to be as close to 100% to face phily

Reactions: Kjbert and Higgs1
Incredible, incredible performance. Back to back conference finals is quite the accomplishment. VAMOS!

Reactions: Kjbert
After the game while we were waiting for security to let us leave, 3 Montreal Capos from their supporters group came over with their bullhorn to congratulate us. VERY classy and they prompted a brief chant of Fuck Toronto.

We were owed this one after having a number of games where we were winning xG and losing the game.

According to FBRef, NYCFC won 4 games in 2022 where the opponent had more xG, and lost 4 games where NYCFC had more xG.

Some day I will beat this forum into accounting for confirmation bias.

Damn. Somebody send a big fruit basket to Sean Johnson. Also, this game had s ridiculous number of huge chances (shown by the large bars on the chart).

We were owed this one after having a number of games where we were winning xG and losing the game.

Not to discount Sean's performance at all, but the first 0.30 chance on there was clearly offsides. Had it gone in, it would have gone to VAR and overturned. But because it didn't, the xG chance there remains.

I also think the big chance right after the 30' had a handball leading up to it. I feel a lot less confident in claiming it would have been overturned had it gone in since they never showed a great angle afterwards on the replays, but it definitely looked like it live, and nearly the whole defense was asking for it. There's a possibility that one could have been overturned as well, but I'm glad that Sean gave everyone no doubt that there wouldn't be a goal.

In a sea of thugs, otoole fuels the smile power

Ff11rulWAAEA-vy