MLS Cup Playoffs - October 30 - Philadelphia (Away)

Switching off for two minutes killed us. Very disappointing after we had taken the lead and had a great opportunity to double it but for a good save by Blake. No shame to lose to a very good Union team.

Successful year overall. Semis of both MLS Cup and CCL. We won a trophy. We swept NJ in MLS play. We dealt with the loss of Taty and Ronny Deila. Several young guys got minutes and I hope they will use this to improve next year.

Please, let there be good news towards a stadium this off-season, and let's get a couple good attacking signings to strengthen the team.

Proud of the year over-all.
We played very well against them for 60 minutes, the best team in the east, and then had a momentary collapse which cost us the game. It happens, and you have to feel for the boys on the field. They've done a tremendous job since campeones cup to get us to the position we're in, and get us back to a conference final.
They did the double over RB, and unfortunately this season, Philly did the triple over us. They had our number this season. We've beaten the union in every playoff meeting up until this one.

See y'all next season where we hopefully go on and do great things again! :)

...And we'll see you all at NYCFC survivor in about a month and a half's time! ;)

After losing a coach, the best forward in the league, and suffering multiple injuries, it was good (and fun) to see them make a run at the end - if only to fall short. The Campeones Cup holds more weight (at least for me) after the fight that was shown.

From this game:

1) I hope Haak hits the weight room this off-season. I believe he can be a valuable player, similar to Sands, but he was outmuscled a number of times tonight, notably on the third goal.

2) Cushing deserves credit for adapting to his roster and rallying the team. The move to 3 CB was key to the run. That noted, I hope he learns from this game not to substitute and change defensive responsibilities when the other team has a free kick in the offensive half. The team fell asleep on the first goal, but I suspect it would have been a non-issue if Parks wasn't substituted at that time.

3) If Maxi is done, good to have him leave with a goal in a high pressure situation. On the NYCFC Mount Rushmore for a long, long time.

Hoping LAFC smokes them next week.

Curious to see how the roster evolves. There are plenty of opportunities, and with the right moves, the team should be back in the final four (and more) next year.

Was watching on my phone on a plane. Was santi dragged down in the box?

Also. Should Chapman had let parks get into position before allowing the free kick?
That was a pretty quick free kick for sure. But hey, you have to be ready for anything.

As to the other comment, Santi was definitely dragged down by the jersey. But to be honest, Chapman was letting the boys play all game long. For all the fouls, there probably could have been twice as many. LOL So, whatever.

After losing a coach, the best forward in the league, and suffering multiple injuries, it was good (and fun) to see them make a run at the end - if only to fall short. The Campeones Cup holds more weight (at least for me) after the fight that was shown.

From this game:

1) I hope Haak hits the weight room this off-season. I believe he can be a valuable player, similar to Sands, but he was outmuscled a number of times tonight, notably on the third goal.

2) Cushing deserves credit for adapting to his roster and rallying the team. The move to 3 CB was key to the run. That noted, I hope he learns from this game not to substitute and change defensive responsibilities when the other team has a free kick in the offensive half. The team fell asleep on the first goal, but I suspect it would have been a non-issue if Parks wasn't substituted at that time.

3) If Maxi is done, good to have him leave with a goal in a high pressure situation. On the NYCFC Mount Rushmore for a long, long time.

Hoping LAFC smokes them next week.

Curious to see how the roster evolves. There are plenty of opportunities, and with the right moves, the team should be back in the final four (and more) next year.
There's a ton of promise on this team. It's going to be a heck of an offseason.

I can't get behind LAFC, though. They're in the other conference. I'd rather see Philly win it and smoke them next year.

• Angry
Reactions: moogoo
I can't get behind LAFC, though. They're in the other conference. I'd rather see Philly win it and smoke them next year.

Exactly. I don't need every week to hear about the "champs" if the Union win. Let all of that stay in the west (I am sure Eastern Conference teams hated the references playing us all year).

Also, it would be delicious schadenfreude to have Philadelphia lose after hearing all year how they were cheated out of the Cup in 2021.

• Haha
Reactions: KevinJRogers
Exactly. I don't need every week to hear about the "champs" if the Union win. Let all of that stay in the west (I am sure Eastern Conference teams hated the references playing us all year).

Also, it would be delicious schadenfreude to have Philadelphia lose after hearing all year how they were cheated out of the Cup in 2021.
Some of their fanbase is being absolutely intolerable on social media right now. Posting memes of our badge with Mickey Mouse in the middle as though we're some second-rate outfit. What clowns.

The funny thing is, they keep harping on the stadium issue. Just wait until we have an old school urban four-poster and they have to come in there and try and play us with the stands right on top of them. Let's see how they like that.

That was a really special run. Everything has to go right to win a title, and it just wasn't meant to be this season. Certainly feel like this game would have been different with Chanot out there instead of Haak, but I'm not going to spend the next 12 months whining about it.

Special year, though. CCL semis, USOC quarters, Campeones Cup, sweeping Red Bulls, and getting to the conference final. 47 games played after only a 27-day off-season. Incredible how far we made it, especially after losing Ronny and Taty. Can't wait for the players to get a real off-season. It'll be great to see them get over two months off this year. I think it'll really help for next year.

Feels like with all the free agents, there's going to be a lot of turnover before next season. The players leaving all were massive in our MLS championship, and we'll look back so fondly on this era of NYCFC soccer.

The one spot I want then to improve on, we need to have less chaos in a season. Coaches leaving mid season, stadiums changing frequently, all of that takes its toll on a team. Hopefully next year there can be more stability, because our club makes it so much harder to win with all the chaos going on.

Outstanding year, though. For me, the season after a championship is always a grace period, and we took ours all the way to the penultimate game of the MLS season. Absolutely no complaints.

One more thing: we haven't felt this way after a season since 2020. It's been two years since we had this feeling.

There's a ton of promise on this team. It's going to be a heck of an offseason.

screw philly. not cause they won or anything. just the relentless annoying whining for the last year about covid. hope LAFC completely humiliates them.