MLS Cup Playoffs - October 30 - Philadelphia (Away)

Double posting from reddit since time is pretty urgent here:
Hi, so I snagged a ticket for Sunday in 133 on the resale market, but I've just realized it's in row P and might be too close to the field to be in the away section, does anyone know what the row cutoff is for our fans, or if there'll be enough people buying in the rest of 133 for it to feel like an away section anyway? Thanks!
I was told by someone at the club that the lower rows are NYCFC friends, family, sponsors and executives.

cushing: "It's unclear really we still have one more day," he said. "We still haven't had the likes of Maxi Morales, Talles Magno - Tavon Gray came out a little bit today but went back in with ankle pain again, so we haven't ruled them out but it's going to be so difficult to roll those guys out in a game like this when they haven't seen the training field all week.

"officially"

QUESTIONABLE
Alfredo Morales – Lower Body
Maxi Moralez – Lower Body
Talles Magno – Upper Body
Tayvon Gray – Lower Body
Maxime Chanot – Lower Body

still hoping to see at least 30 mins of maxi.. but maybe this gives a chance for our guys to make some magic happen and we get everyone back for a cup final??? here's hoping! we can always asterisk philly if they win cause we're missing 5 starters lol.

I think it's going to be very hard to expect a win if Maxi can't play. Hopefully he's able to go. All the others -- I'm OK with Heber up front and Parks/Acevedo in the midfield. Obviously Chanot is a big loss, too, but it's Maxi I'm most concerned about.

"officially"

QUESTIONABLE
Alfredo Morales – Lower Body
Maxi Moralez – Lower Body
Talles Magno – Upper Body
Tayvon Gray – Lower Body
Maxime Chanot – Lower Body

still hoping to see at least 30 mins of maxi.. but maybe this gives a chance for our guys to make some magic happen and we get everyone back for a cup final??? here's hoping! we can always asterisk philly if they win cause we're missing 5 starters lol.

Basically we are missing the same number of starters as Philly did if you want to play that game. However if we lose we lose and we’ll actually accept it.

Reactions: moogoo
Basically we are missing the same number of starters as Philly did if you want to play that game. However if we lose we lose and we’ll actually accept it.

Yea I agree. Sadly, if we lose, philly fans won't let us just "accept it" cause we're gonna hear about it for the next 10 years ... god help us and everyone if they actually win MLS cup too...

Reactions: canchon
Philly were missing more than 4 of their starters last year weren’t they?

Yep - big ones were Blake, Wagner, Elliott, Glesnes, Bedoya.

Morales, Moralez. Magno, Gray, Chanot are 5 potential starters for us as well.
And we're kind of missing Taty as well, but I know that doesn't really count!

As someone who doesn’t do social media, I get zero exposure to Philly fans. So I carry none of the animus others here do.

My un less biased view is this. We’d have screamed bloody murder if asymptomatic COVID had taken 5 of our starters last year. Our last year retorts that we were missing starters too were rightly rebutted that our starters were missing because of football related injuries. And any asterisk we apply this year due to injuries (in an alternate fictional universe in which we don’t beat their asses tomorrow) will be met appropriately with critiques of how that is all part of football and we’re just a bunch of whiners. No thank you.

For me there are no asterisks this year. Squads as full as our normal health allows. Go out and kick ass. Or shut up. On both sides.

Reactions: Shwafta
Yep - big ones were Blake, Wagner, Elliott, Glesnes, Bedoya.

Morales, Moralez. Magno, Gray, Chanot are 5 potential starters for us as well.
I wouldn’t call Gray a starter but if you wanna call him a potential starter, I get that. But then if we’re gonna compare that to what Philly was missing last year, not sure how many there could be considered potential starters

I wouldn’t call Gray a starter but if you wanna call him a potential starter, I get that. But then if we’re gonna compare that to what Philly was missing last year, not sure how many there could be considered potential starters

I would say we were missing 3 key starters last year and they were missing 5.. 4 of which were their back line and best XI keeper. They definitely had it worse then and now. Add to that the fact that it was a nonfootball related issue made it feel much worse.

That being said, their whining and asterisk claims are really annoying. I would like to think if the tables were turned we wouldn't whine in the same manner.. but who knows lol

I would say we were missing 3 key starters last year and they were missing 5.. 4 of which were their back line and best XI keeper. They definitely had it worse then and now. Add to that the fact that it was a nonfootball related issue made it feel much worse.

That being said, their whining and asterisk claims are really annoying. I would like to think if the tables were turned we wouldn't whine in the same manner.. but who knows lol
Yeah, what happens off the field often affects what’s on the field, that’s sports and life. No asterisks. Fluke non-sports injuries. Team food poisoning. Chemistry altering locker room relationship drama. Covid crap shoot. Maybe that annoying trainer showed up to work with Covid because he’s as dumb as he looks. Or maybe they went to a party when our guys prioritized the game. Or maybe it was just bad luck and bad timing. Shit happens and they still got to play the game. If we lose, it won’t be any different because we had some injured players. That’s just part of sports and life. And f Philly.

I said something similar before but I can’t find it now: I actively try to avoid complaining about refs, injuries, scheduling, bad bounces, etc because it’s dumb in its own right. But a side benefit is I feel zero hesitancy or guilt about saying this :
Fuck those whiny crybitch Union fans . Get over it.