MLS - June 14 - Columbus (Home - YS)

Of all the things which aren't a good look for the leagues, NYCFC playing at Yankee Stadium / Citi Field, doesn't crack the top 5...

1. Refereeing (always will be, love you PRO!)
2. Complexity of roster rules (I don't see another league having to explain TAM/GAM/Homegrowns)
3. Lack of Pro/Rel (makes it more competitive)
4. Price of attendance (tickets for MLS are more than top 5 league clubs for season ticket holders)
5. Quality of play (been told the real difference when it comes to better soccer is the passing, knowing when to pass, the player knowing where the pass is going, and the other player knowing where it will be, and obviously making it all happen)
6. Turf fields (I can't recall a player being injured solely because of the playing surface at Yankee Stadium / Citi Field as compared to Atlanta or New England where the turf monster comes out to play from time to time)
7. Media attention (hard to compete in the U.S. market for eyeballs)
8. Continental competition (No matter how big the U.S. or Mexico gets, UEFA Champions League will always be the biggest prize in club football)
Does lack of pro/rel really crack the top 8? Pro/rel results in 4-5 teams in each league as the only ones that have a chance to win. IMO, that's significantly less competitive.

Does lack of pro/rel really crack the top 8? Pro/rel results in 4-5 teams in each league as the only ones that have a chance to win. IMO, that's significantly less competitive.
These aren’t in order (except refereeing :p). Certainly pro/rel is above us temporarily still playing at baseball stadiums.

You can’t see the other net when you’re standing in your own net? What are you backwards?
I think he's speaking a second language and inartfully explaining that your bearings get confused because the stands and general stadium configuration do not line up with the field, which is something that a lot of people have said. We've even recognized it as an advantage here.

Reactions: Kenny
You can’t see the other net when you’re standing in your own net? What are you backwards?

Let’s show Nancy how to play football at Yankee Stadium on Friday.

think he's trying to say the sighlines are weird because of how the field is oriented to everything else. which has been a common complaint over the years.

wah wah cry me a stinker. i'm sure after we smack them down they'll just say they the whole team and staff got vertigo and couldn't perform at their highest level.

Reactions: Gene
This is why I'm a tad disappointed they're not going to keep the pitch 70 yards wide in the new building. 10 years on and it still mind ****s people.

Kevin O'Toole is good to go, training fully with the team.

Thiago Martins' status seems a bit up in the air. Cushing didn't provide a real concrete answer on his availability
Was about to post the tweet. Guess we'll see a Risa-Other Guy or maybe Sands as CB with Perera in the CDM role.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Anyone have insight about the weather tomorrow? Do we think it'll get postponed tomorrow afternoon, or will the team try to push through the rain and somewhat-inevitable lightning delays?

Anyone have insight about the weather tomorrow? Do we think it'll get postponed tomorrow afternoon, or will the team try to push through the rain and somewhat-inevitable lightning delays?
I was just going to ask about the same thing.

Looking very dodgy, with the peak risk coming right around kickoff. If there is any hope, it's that the chance of rain is still only 60-70%, which suggests any storms/rain will be scattered and might miss us.
Screenshot 2024-06-13 121233.png

Can't make it to this match so I put my seats up in the trading section of the forum. 224, row 19, two seats. Free for the asking but I want one of the Hawaiian shirts!

Hopefully if it looks like a certain storm they will postpone in advance. No fun sitting around for hours waiting for a delayed 10 pm start.

Gameday Weather & Transit Report, brought to you today by The Uncertainty Principle™

Weather: Who knows?
Thunderstorms possible, but theoretically ending at 5pm and not resuming until 11pm. In theory. Feels-like temps in the low 80s to upper 70s, cloudy with a chance of rain. Sunset at 8:29pm.

Transit: They took the stairs.
No, literally, they took the stairs. The stairs and escalators between the 4 and D train platforms at 161st Street are closed so they can be replaced. Service otherwise normal.

I may end up changing plans for tonight given the weather forecast.

According to the NWS, there is an 80% chance of rain between 5pm and 10pm with thunderstorms likely. Total rain around 3/4".

The rain wouldn't keep me away, but I can't take two kids and another guest to sit around during a lightning delay.