MLS - June 14 - Columbus (Home - YS)

I may end up changing plans for tonight given the weather forecast.

According to the NWS, there is an 80% chance of rain between 5pm and 10pm with thunderstorms likely. Total rain around 3/4".

The rain wouldn't keep me away, but I can't take two kids and another guest to sit around during a lightning delay.
Any chance you could upgrade for Legends for tonight? Legends during a lightning delay is a great time, even for kids.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
Gameday Weather & Transit Report, brought to you today by The Uncertainty Principle™

Weather: Who knows?
Thunderstorms possible, but theoretically ending at 5pm and not resuming until 11pm. In theory. Feels-like temps in the low 80s to upper 70s, cloudy with a chance of rain. Sunset at 8:29pm.

Transit: They took the stairs.
No, literally, they took the stairs. The stairs and escalators between the 4 and D train platforms at 161st Street are closed so they can be replaced. Service otherwise normal.
Quick afternoon update: Thunderstorms now expected to resume at 8:30pm instead of the previous time of 11pm.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Has the club posted about the weather anywhere? Haven’t seen anything.

Can't make it to this match so I put my seats up in the trading section of the forum. 224, row 19, two seats. Free for the asking but I want one of the Hawaiian shirts!

I don't think they are distributing shirts. For one, and this alone might be enough, they don't say they are giving out shirts. But also this started as a completely fan created tradition in section 234, spread from there, then the club cross promoted it on their socials without giving anything away, and then once in 2021 they handed out shirts only to STHs and you had to go to Billy's. And since then no shirts, and I remember no cross promotion, though I assume 234 kept it up.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Has the club posted about the weather anywhere? Haven’t seen anything.

The only reason they'll stop is for lightning, but it sounds like passing storms. So maybe a delay, but right now doesn't appear to be a reason for postponement.

I don't think they are distributing shirts. For one, and this alone might be enough, they don't say they are giving out shirts. But also this started as a completely fan created tradition in section 234, spread from there, then the club cross promoted it on their socials without giving anything away, and then once in 2021 they handed out shirts only to STHs and you had to go to Billy's. And since then no shirts, and I remember no cross promotion, though I assume 234 kept it up.
Hmmm, you may be right. Had to dig to find it again but here's what I saw:

I kind of assumed that meant they'd be giving them away but it doesn't actually say that.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Any chance you could upgrade for Legends for tonight? Legends during a lightning delay is a great time, even for kids.
That's an interesting idea. One of my issues is that I've got an 8-YO coming, and it's already pushing it to get him to a 7:30 game. We actually drove up to last year's Montreal game and didn't end up going at all. I also have a guest today and don't feel like upgrading for the extra person.

Reactions: LionNYC
We've already won the game.
Notice how he never complains about the size of the pitch. It’s about the unfamiliar angles which is disorienting for opponents. This is what Twellman has talked about before and seems to be a legitimate complaint unlike the size allegations which have no basis in reality.

is anyone having issues with the nycfc app ? i cant seem to put my ticket up for sale or sometimes it glitches that my account cannot be reached