Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New York City FC vs. Orland City SC
Wednesday, September 20 7:30 PM ET
Citi Field
Apple TV (MLS Season Pass)

Given Keaton's injury, I want to see this lineup...

--Talles--Bakrar---Julian--
-----------Santi------------
----Sands--Perera---------
-Cufre-Risa-Martins-Mitja-
-----------Freese------------

that's what i wanted to see today. cushing had other ideas.

my guess is we'll see the same lineup that started the game except morales for parks and maybe someone instead of pel.

For the love of god, yes please.

This is not the Josef Martinez mocking “Orlandoooooo” of the past. They have lost one game since Leagues Cup and as mgarbowski mgarbowski pointed out have an excellent road record.

1-1 draw here we come!

Reactions: mgarbowski
Parks update: Sprained ankle and will be about pain tolerance. I'd say it's unlikely he'll play this game but maybe saturday with lots of tape. but i would not expect a typical parks performance. ankle tape is restrictive even if he does play.

Cushing also gave a preview of his thoughts for the next two games. He talks a lot about "finding balance" in our play and taking "one game at a time" because every game is a playoff game at this point. we have 5 games left in the season and you haven't found any balance yet. the results clearly say that. he claims that every game is like a playoff game.. so let's trot out a defensive lineup cause that's how you win knock out games when you aren't confident in your attack winning the game for you.

Reactions: Schwallacus
I fucking hate Orlando City SC.

And I grew up 2 hours north.

It sucked when we were favorites almost all the time and still lost plenty of games. Now they are at their best ever, and we...

Parks update: Sprained ankle and will be about pain tolerance. I'd say it's unlikely he'll play this game but maybe saturday with lots of tape. but i would not expect a typical parks performance. ankle tape is restrictive even if he does play.

Cushing also gave a preview of his thoughts for the next two games. He talks a lot about "finding balance" in our play and taking "one game at a time" because every game is a playoff game at this point. we have 5 games left in the season and you haven't found any balance yet. the results clearly say that. he claims that every game is like a playoff game.. so let's trot out a defensive lineup cause that's how you win knock out games when you aren't confident in your attack winning the game for you.
“balance” would indicate that they need to watch to not overindex on something that they are good at, except maybe passing the ball around in our own half or passing it around at the top of the opponents 18 aimlessly.

Could NYCFC find “balance” by doing less of that and more incisive attacking? A roughly 30 game sample says no.

Reactions: moogoo
I’m sure Cushing is sad because now with Morales out he can’t do his 3 DM configuration with Sands and Perea.

Cue up “well some injuries hurt us” when inevitably we give up a goal and lose.

I’m sure Cushing is sad because now with Morales out he can’t do his 3 DM configuration with Sands and Perea.

Cue up “well some injuries hurt us” when inevitably we give up a goal and lose.

that's where you're wrong.

gonna be perea, sands, haak now.

for real though, if these injuries aren't a screaming opportunity to throw talles back in the front line with bakrar, i dunno what is.

but my guess is he will play haak or ledesma in place of parks.

that's where you're wrong.

gonna be perea, sands, haak now.

for real though, if these injuries aren't a screaming opportunity to throw talles back in the front line with bakrar, i dunno what is.

but my guess is he will play haak or ledesma in place of parks.
4-4-2?