MLS - September 20 - Orlando (Home)

I'll be there, nice evening for a beer and sausage and soccer. Even if we do suck. And it's basically the last home game of the season that I'm willing to go to, because fuck RBA.

Decision Day is almost certain to be moved to either Citi Field or Yankee Stadium since both the Yankees and Mets are missing the playoffs.

Decision Day is almost certain to be moved to either Citi Field or Yankee Stadium since both the Yankees and Mets are missing the playoffs.
I'm not uncertain it will be Citi Field. Which I'm pissed about because the Pitchside experience is 10x better at Yankee Stadium.

Reactions: Kenny
I'm pretty sure Cushing said Magno was getting a start in one of the two matches this week.

Now whether or not he's start with or in place of BakMan is an entirely different question.

I'm not uncertain it will be Citi Field. Which I'm pissed about because the Pitchside experience is 10x better at Yankee Stadium.

Makes sense though. Get the sense we're going to have fewer and fewer games at Yankee Stadium as the team transitions to Flushing.

Reactions: Gene
Game Day Weather and Transit Report™, brought to you by the letter Z because it's the last match at home this season. Possibly.

Temps around 70° or so, not much wind, not much cloud. Sunset at 6:58pm.

7 trains running normally-ish, skipping some stops inbound. Outbound rush hour 7 Express trains local to 74th, then express as usual.

Makes sense though. Get the sense we're going to have fewer and fewer games at Yankee Stadium as the team transitions to Flushing.
This is an issue because the season tickets that they assign to me at Citi are absolute dog excrement compared to my YS season tickets. I traded all my Citi field tix back in this year.

This is an issue because the season tickets that they assign to me at Citi are absolute dog excrement compared to my YS season tickets. I traded all my Citi field tix back in this year.

Lower endline tickets are far worse at Citi than they are at Yankee. The protective netting at Citi field is much harder to see through than at Yankee.

Reactions: FootyLovin
So happy for Talles. That was a long time coming.

Great performance. Two points behind DC for 9th, and we play them in two weeks. Also have Toronto, Chicago, and maybe a Messi-less Miami. I would think 9 points out of those 4 games gets us in the playoffs. Maybe even 7. It's right there for us. This was a big win because it was one we weren't expecting, and it really helps our playoff possibilities.

is that enough for cushing to see that we CAN play with magno and bakrar and BE successful? magno was lively on offense and was good at helping us break down the press. He played well and deserved his minutes. cushing can't drop him now... he better not.

feels good to win and against one of the better teams in the league. not much else to say but we can play even better. can we win the cup? EXTREMELY unlikely. but if we win out the rest of the games and make the playoffs and at least play respectably... i'll be happy going into the off season.

cushing still pisses me off though.

is that enough for cushing to see that we CAN play with magno and bakrar and BE successful? magno was lively on offense and was good at helping us break down the press. He played well and deserved his minutes. cushing can't drop him now... he better not.

feels good to win and against one of the better teams in the league. not much else to say but we can play even better. can we win the cup? EXTREMELY unlikely. but if we win out the rest of the games and make the playoffs and at least play respectably... i'll be happy going into the off season.

cushing still pisses me off though.

Listen if we make the playoffs, it's almost certainly going to be as the 9-seed. Win that 8-9 matchup on the road. Going up against Cincy would be extremely unlikely to advance, but that's OK. Getting to the playoffs, winning that play-in, and showing some fight would be a nice way to go into the offseason.

Sooo…

Defense was freaking stout tonight. They really shut OC down. Good for them.

Obvs really happy for Talles. Even before the goal his quality was showing and he and O’Toole were vibing.

Jasson has earned his starts. He has been way better than Pellegrini. I want to see more Julian but no shade on Andres.

Santi seemed extra engaged too. Like he felt some responsibility.

On the negative side I’ve seen just about enough of Ledezma.

But really what it all comes down to is that at the end of last season I broke my glasses, the ones that I’d worn to matches during most of the glory runs and even in the dark ages of 2015. I searched all over the city and finally a couple of weeks ago I found someone who would actually fix them (expensive and rare frames). I got them back on Monday and wore them tonight.

With all respect to The Garbowski yellow (sorry, Maize) sweatshirt: Problem solved.

It was expensive. If they break again I’m doing a fundraiser.

I would think 9 points out of those 4 games gets us in the playoffs. Maybe even 7.
I think we have to do a little better than seven. Montréal and Chicago each have a game in hand on us, Charlotte and Miami have two. Three wins out of the next four might do it, though.

Any way around it, it's going to be close. Which is kind of a drag given those 13 draws. League average is 7.62 -- call it eight. Had we won five of those draws (and arguably, five of them should have been wins) we would be a point ahead of Nashville, sitting seventh in the East.

It's just been such a damn funky season.

Reactions: JayH
I think we have to do a little better than seven. Montréal and Chicago each have a game in hand on us, Charlotte and Miami have two. Three wins out of the next four might do it, though.

Any way around it, it's going to be close. Which is kind of a drag given those 13 draws. League average is 7.62 -- call it eight. Had we won five of those draws (and arguably, five of them should have been wins) we would be a point ahead of Nashville, sitting seventh in the East.

It's just been such a damn funky season.

The teams behind us are all really bad. They are not going to be picking up a ton of points. Chicago is absolutely awful. Miami is prioritizing other competitions over making the playoffs, so I don't think they get there. DC is two points ahead of us, but we play them in a 6-pointer and we both have played 30 games. Toronto is god-awful and already all-but eliminated.

Charlotte has an easy schedule, so maybe they can get there. They have two against Miami, Chicago, Toronto, but also Cincinnati and New England. Montreal has a brutal schedule.

Charlotte is probably the team with the kind of schedule that might allow them to chase down a spot. That last spot is probably between one of DC, NYC, and CLT.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Just got home. We actually looked like a half-decent team tonight. Or maybe it's just that out of our usual six amazing chances, lately with none of them hitting the back of the net, today we got two of them to go in. Hard to say which it might be.