MLS - March 11 - Miami (Home)

I would start Jasson down the middle in one of these games. I don’t rate him but he was very good last night.

He’s not a CF but we don’t have one on the roster. So shoutout to whoever made the Pel to CF suggestion. Why not? Do all the little things Taty did off the ball to annoy.

They looked nice. Police officer wouldn’t let my 5 year old daughter get one though.
There's no reason for cops to be involved in the beanie handouts. I guess the club had too many employees doing a poor job at Billy's with the STH packages.

I didn't come within a whiff of a beanie. Part of that is I did spend the time on the Billy's line, but also I think it's because I entered Yankee Stadium in the Suite entrance last night. As referenced by Shwafta Shwafta, part of my "Founders Get Back In Line" benefits package was a free replica ring, delivered in the suite last night, and a choice of the suite experience last night or an outdoor plaza experience at another early season game. I chose indoors, and even though I have only 1 ticket on the account, they gave me 2 suite tickets last night because they had extras, which is how Shwafta Shwafta got his ring, and a free ticket.

But anyway, remembering back to the years I had Delta Suite tickets, I remember never getting any limited run freebies at the suite entrance, which always seemed odd because you'd think they might over-supply that entrance.

Old guy memory incoming: back in the 1970s when the best players were lucky to make $100k and tickets were <$10 and most clubs in every sport lost money and operated solely as rich guy vanity hobby ventures, everyone who went to a give-away day got the item. There was none of this first 10k BS. On Bat Day at Yankee Stadium everybody got a bat. Maybe it was 14 and under, generously enforced. But if 35 thousand kids showed up 35k kids got a bat. I think there were even a couple of times they had to hand out rain checks because they ran out but were committed to everyone getting the item. At some point all the teams in all the sports stopped that, at roughly the same time that almost everyone directly involved in the business got exceedingly rich. The 1970s sucked, but that was better than how they do it now.

Finally, attendance last night was a very healthy 24,489, and it looked it. Opening day last year on March 12 against Montreal had 21,113, and I think it's fair to infer a roughly 3k bump in STH tickets due to the stadium announcement and the related enticements for wayward founders.

I thought Segal was a #9. That's why I kept mentioning his name several times last night in the chat.

he is a #9. he's a II squad level 9, I think.

Revfugee Revfugee - I do enjoy Sands getting tougher but I miss his distribution. DIdn't see much of it last night. It was mostly working with Parks in close quarters or sending it wide to a wingback. Those diagonal switches causing the other team to slide to slide across is when confusion can happen and that creates space and chances. We need to do it more, whether it's sands or someone else. Especially when it's on so many times like it was last night

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
I'm curious about him myself. I have no idea what his actual skill level is, but physically, he at least looks like he could be a handful. And we could use a little beefaroni out there.
Agree. That's why I was hoping Cush could find him some minutes. Right now Magno isn't getting the job done, so why not toss Segal in? Let's see what he can do.

Agree. That's why I was hoping Cush could find him some minutes. Right now Magno isn't getting the job done, so why not toss Segal in? Let's see what he can do.
I'm curious about him myself. I have no idea what his actual skill level is, but physically, he at least looks like he could be a handful. And we could use a little beefaroni out there.

i think everyone on this forum and many fans anywhere can all agree that since we don't have a high quality #9, if Nick really wants to play with a #9, he should put anyone else there but Magno. A highly effective magno on the wing with someone else doing something as a #9/false9 is much better than an invisible magno at the #9 with a decent winger.

There's no reason for cops to be involved in the beanie handouts. I guess the club had too many employees doing a poor job at Billy's with the STH packages.

I didn't come within a whiff of a beanie. Part of that is I did spend the time on the Billy's line, but also I think it's because I entered Yankee Stadium in the Suite entrance last night. As referenced by Shwafta Shwafta, part of my "Founders Get Back In Line" benefits package was a free replica ring, delivered in the suite last night, and a choice of the suite experience last night or an outdoor plaza experience at another early season game. I chose indoors, and even though I have only 1 ticket on the account, they gave me 2 suite tickets last night because they had extras, which is how Shwafta Shwafta got his ring, and a free ticket.

But anyway, remembering back to the years I had Delta Suite tickets, I remember never getting any limited run freebies at the suite entrance, which always seemed odd because you'd think they might over-supply that entrance.

Old guy memory incoming: back in the 1970s when the best players were lucky to make $100k and tickets were <$10 and most clubs in every sport lost money and operated solely as rich guy vanity hobby ventures, everyone who went to a give-away day got the item. There was none of this first 10k BS. On Bat Day at Yankee Stadium everybody got a bat. Maybe it was 14 and under, generously enforced. But if 35 thousand kids showed up 35k kids got a bat. I think there were even a couple of times they had to hand out rain checks because they ran out but were committed to everyone getting the item. At some point all the teams in all the sports stopped that, at roughly the same time that almost everyone directly involved in the business got exceedingly rich. The 1970s sucked, but that was better than how they do it now.

Finally, attendance last night was a very healthy 24,489, and it looked it. Opening day last year on March 12 against Montreal had 21,113, and I think it's fair to infer a roughly 3k bump in STH tickets due to the stadium announcement and the related enticements for wayward founders.

I too entered through the suite entrance last night. No beanies here? Nope. Go to the entrance near the Hard Rock I was told.

I go there, cop tells me to fuck off. “Don’t you see all these other people standing around? They ain’t getting a beanie either.”

Indicative of a police force with no accountability in a city that’s lacked leadership for a decade.

Makes one wonder if he's being told by the mothership to play Magno at the 9.

Kind of feels that way?

I’d be happy to be told I am wrong, but I think his DP status changes when he turns 22?

Reactions: Gene
My son and I discussed the game walking out and agreed that we looked good, but were sloppy in the final third, giving the ball away too easily. Then I watched the replay, and it reminded me that the Miami goalkeeper had at least 4 excellent saves on the evening, including 2 one-on-one efforts. Yes, we were sloppy, but we had some clinical moments.

If Magno is going to be a 9, he’s going to be a False one. Last night, I thought he did that fairly well - drifting around and distributing. He nearly had a couple of assists.

I completely agree with Revfugee Revfugee that Sands looks much tougher than before he left. That dawg in him has matured into a Rottweiler.

Santi looks like a talented player who has had an 8-day preseason. Sloppy last night. The whole team seemed to have many moments where players weren’t on the same page. It will come.

Miami was playing a very high line last night. Barazza has a cannon on him, so I was surprised we didn’t have him knock a few over the top. We finally did late, and nearly scored.

Finally, there is this.

Bleacher entrance is my go to. They had, what looked like, hundreds of beanies there when I entered a little after 7.

nice tip. I showed up a little after 7, saw the mass chaos at gate 6 so I went down to gate 4 and basically walked in with minimal wait. No beanies though.

Reactions: Kjbert
My son and I discussed the game walking out and agreed that we looked good, but were sloppy in the final third, giving the ball away too easily. Then I watched the replay, and it reminded me that the Miami goalkeeper had at least 4 excellent saves on the evening, including 2 one-on-one efforts. Yes, we were sloppy, but we had some clinical moments.
A more in-form and clinical team scores 3+ last night.

Then again, a more in form and clinical Josef scores 1-2 as well. Long way from his ATL “king” heyday.

Reactions: Kjbert and moogoo
A more in-form and clinical team scores 3+ last night.

Then again, a more in form and clinical Josef scores 1-2 as well. Long way from his ATL “king” heyday.

Gabby had a clear chance and was unlucky.

Parks had a clear chance and fluffed it.

Santi has two chances and wasn't clinical.

That's 4 right there.

Definitely should have been more goals last night and would have been a thriller of a game had both teams been clinical.

Reactions: canchon and Kjbert