MLS - October 6 - Nashville (RBA)

Would have been nice if the club had sent out an email to ticket holders letting them know that PATH is fucked up this weekend. How fucking hard is that?
Pretty sure that was a choice. A lot of people would have tapped out. I probably would have if I had known in advance and in general I’m pretty fanatical about showing up.

ETA paradoxically I prefer RBA when it’s empty. The smaller the crowd the better.

Pretty sure that was a choice. A lot of people would have tapped out. I probably would have if I had known in advance and in general I’m pretty fanatical about showing up.

ETA paradoxically I prefer RBA when it’s empty. The smaller the crowd the better.
Short beer lines are always good. And I agree, the intimate crowd is nice (well except if you are Luciano Acosta)

Reactions: Revfugee
We won but holy hell did we play a stinker.

I talked about having some luck to help us through the playoffs but I'm thinking we just used up all of the luck in one game. Nashville easily could have won and after we scored our 3, we never really looked dangerous again.

A lot of guys looked tired and cramping. Shocked nick didn't sub sooner with a 3 goal lead.

Good to win, but damn we gotta play better and ffs, corner defending is absolutely horrendous.

We are set up very nicely now for Decision Day.

4th place with a win and Orlando loss (maybe even a win and Orlando tie if we win by 4 goals or more)

5th place guaranteed with a win, or a tie and a Charlotte tie/loss. If Charlotte wins by 1 goal, we also clinch 5th with a tie.

6th place with a loss and a Charlotte win. We can't finish lower than 6th.

I don’t see Orlando losing at home to Atlanta, even though Atlanta will be fighting for their playoff lives (but you never know of course).

I see us landing in fifth and heading to Orlando for the first round. Not a terrible outcome, given where we were a month ago!

Reactions: moogoo
Cincinnati plays 6th. Am I crazy in thinking that we should lose on purpose to get 6th place (assuming charlotte wins) so we can play them?

I don’t see Orlando losing at home to Atlanta, even though Atlanta will be fighting for their playoff lives (but you never know of course).

I see us landing in fifth and heading to Orlando for the first round. Not a terrible outcome, given where we were a month ago!

Just remember that the first-round of best of 3, so we would get a Game 2 at home. We're really talking about a potential Game 3, which only happened in 3 of the 8 series last year. There was also only one upset in the entire first round in 2023.

Cincinnati plays 6th. Am I crazy in thinking that we should lose on purpose to get 6th place (assuming charlotte wins) so we can play them?
Orlando is in form (18 pts in last 8) and Cincinnati is not (8 pts in last 8).
They are both slightly below league average as Home teams, but each ranks top 5 as an Away team, and both have more Away wins than Home wins, which is just odd in MLS.
Orlando has a 1 GD advantage over Cincy.
Advanced stats are not close. Cincy xGD 11.11. Orlando 3.30.
Orlando's keeper Gallese is near league bottom in both of ASA's goalkeeping metrics. Cincinnati's frozen food king is mid.

I just think Cincinnati is a very good team that is slumping while Orlando is like us a good team on a better streak. I would rather play Orlando.

Reactions: Shwafta and canchon
Ok folks, I usually wear some type of NYCFC gear (usually a jersey) when attending games. I was down and figured “meh, why wear gear they are so disappointing” so just wore a (non-NYCFC) shirt and a sweatshirt to the HRD and look what we received.

I now have been to the last three games all at RBA (3x RBA in a week is a haul) and have not worn NYCFC gear - three wins. All NYCFC gear is now staying in the closet until they lose.

You’re welcome.

Just want to point out a couple of other positives from Yesterday. That Wolf ball in on Santi’s second and Santi’s finish on it were both gorgeous.

We won without Sands. Haak started shaky but once h got settled in he was doing a great job advancing the ball and I loved seeing him have a go at goal. He had two shots that, while they missed the frame, were good decisions and delivered with power and the right intent.

On the minus side, Schaffelburg was owning O’Toole in the first half. Just an utter mismatch. If Schaffelburg had skill to match his soccer IQ he would be a top player.
ETA: based on Highlights Schaffelburg was even better in the second half (I couldn’t see it because it was the opposite end and long story short I was distracted by my seat neighbors), Toronto has to be weeping that they let him go. And all the more reason it baffles me that Nick left Mac on the pine.

Last edited:
Just want to point out a couple of other positives from Yesterday. That Wolf ball in on Santi’s second and Santi’s finish on it were both gorgeous.

We won without Sands. Haak started shaky but once h got settled in he was doing a great job advancing the ball and I loved seeing him have a go at goal. He had two shots that, while they missed the frame, were good decisions and delivered with power and the right intent.
Thiago Martins' initial pass that ended up leading to Wolf's assist was incredible and opened everything way up. Also, the vastly underrated aspect of that pass is Maxi finding the space for Thiago to find him in such a dangerous spot.

Haak has been very good lately. I was surprised to see him in the starting XI this time around, especially at a different position than where he was before. His willingness to take those shots is good too. Defenses can't just sag on him thinking he won't take a crack at it. And agree on the shots themselves, they both missed the goal but both were well struck and he's definitely capable of testing the keeper.

That's just brutal. Meanwhile, in the Bundesliga:

The most expensive season tickets in the Bundesliga can be found at Borussia Dortmund (€860 or €50.59 per game), RB Leipzig (€924 or €54.35 per game) and – again – Cologne (€978 or €57.53 per game).

Those are last season's numbers per DW, but I know this year is only marginally different (not even marginally higher across the board -- some prices have come down a little).

Gotta love the 50+1 Rule.
Been off here for a while and catching up.

On these Bundesliga prices, are these the most expensive cheapest tickets? Does that make sense? Like, out of all teams in the Bundesliga, they look at the cheapest season tickets available and Dortmund's are the most expensive?

That pricing doesn't seem right to me to be the most expensive season tickets for the best possible seats available anywhere.

Been off here for a while and catching up.

On these Bundesliga prices, are these the most expensive cheapest tickets? Does that make sense? Like, out of all teams in the Bundesliga, they look at the cheapest season tickets available and Dortmund's are the most expensive?

That pricing doesn't seem right to me to be the most expensive season tickets for the best possible seats available anywhere.
Nono that's the most expensive ticket at borussia dortmund. German football is famous for having insanely cheap season tickets and ticket prices in general. Here's a list of all their season ticket prices:

The most expensive season ticket plan is the one listed at 860 Euros.

This article from DW sums it up nicely: Bundesliga price check 2023-24: The cost of German football – DW – 08/18/2023

1728493710151.png

The most expensive cheapest seat was 576 at Darmstadt

Nono that's the most expensive ticket at borussia dortmund. German football is famous for having insanely cheap season tickets and ticket prices in general. Here's a list of all their season ticket prices:

The most expensive season ticket plan is the one listed at 860 Euros.

This article from DW sums it up nicely: Bundesliga price check 2023-24: The cost of German football – DW – 08/18/2023

View attachment 13551

The most expensive cheapest seat was 576 at Darmstadt
Wild, isn't it? The next Matchday ticket for VfB bottoms out at €18 and maxes at €70 for a premium pitchside seat. It's awesome.