Mls Player Waiver Deadline - Wed, June 30

It's not irrelevant. A process is all you can ask for - would you rather rigidity dictate the league pass up opportunities to improve?

Again, you're reading things into my comments. I'm not complaining. I'm not asking for anything. I want them to do what's best for the league.

My original comment sounds sarcastic, I guess. ("As if the MLS would adhere to something they've written down anyway. It's all up in the air.") But all I meant is that we know things are fluid in this league, and just because it's written down today doesn't mean it will be on the books tomorrow.

Again, you're reading things into my comments. I'm not complaining. I'm not asking for anything. I want them to do what's best for the league.

My original comment sounds sarcastic, I guess. ("As if the MLS would adhere to something they've written down anyway. It's all up in the air.") But all I meant is that we know things are fluid in this league, and just because it's written down today doesn't mean it will be on the books tomorrow.
Agree. I wasn't trying to be argumentative beyond making the point that I don't know what other options exist beyond the imperfect system we have.

Why the fuck did they cut hernandez? Is this a joke
Signed a new CB. Apparently they think he's better. Let's face it our covering has been piss poor and our back line atrocious. Can't just blame that on our backs. Only player who has stayed there appears to be Facey.

Reactions: Kjbert
But yes he was probably on a high unguaranteed contract and they had to cut him to make space on the cap.
Releasing Velasquez as well created even more. We have 2 roster spots open now. CB takes 1 of them.

Signed a new CB. Apparently they think he's better. Let's face it our covering has been piss poor and our back line atrocious. Can't just blame that on our backs. Only player who has stayed there appears to be Facey.

We still need depth at the CB spot. Hernandez could eaisly of been a sub. He was one of our better defenders. Him and Facey were a great pair. This is stupid. Very stupid.

Why the fuck did they cut hernandez? Is this a joke
Need to clear cap space. It's not that bad, he was playing well but he's slow and his distribution is poor. Its worth finding someone else to pair up with Facey.

his salary is north of $213,000
Probably one of the highest on the club as well.

I'm with you guys. This is OUR team now and we get attached to our players. Rightfully so. But the show must go on and we need to believe that the moves we are making now will only make us better. Especially looking back at the season we have had.

Need to clear cap space. It's not that bad, he was playing well but he's slow and his distribution is poor. Its worth finding someone else to pair up with Facey.

i get it but still bringing a new CB to partner with facey throws things out of whack. Starting all over and im sure they were getting communication going. Also depth is my concern, so i assume salary was the ultimate factor.

also any one know where the list are of guaranteed and / not guaranteed info on our guys are?

Probably one of the highest on the club as well.

I'm with you guys. This is OUR team now and we get attached to our players. Rightfully so. But the show must go on and we need to believe that the moves we are making now will only make us better. Especially looking back at the season we have had.
Agreed. If we're going to be competitive and win like we want to we can't overpay. Having a back up or fringe starter making that much just doesn't make sense.

i get it but still bringing a new CB to partner with facey throws things out of whack. Starting all over and im sure they were getting communication going. Also depth is my concern, so i assume salary was the ultimate factor.

also any one know where the list are of guaranteed and / not guaranteed info on our guys are?
Nothing available. No transparency. Hell he could of just taken a day off and we are only assuming here.

Reactions: gbservis

True. This is definitely a risk. Particularly - who the hell are we starting against Montreal back there? Wingert or KWS at CB, I guess. Ouch.

Not available. MLS doesn't release much info.