Mls Pre-2015 Transfer Thread

I apologize that we're dissapointing you. From now on, I'll private message you before I add to your threads.
No need to be petulant about it. Just like we don't need 50 Lampard threads, we need to keep some threads to a standard. This one is for transfers. Just create a new one for random rumors. All set.

- Shaun Maloney, Scottish International, is close to joining the Chicago Fire. Great signing, was an Everton target.

- Markus Halsti, who played for Malmo this year, is joining DC United. He was an NYCFC target and has Champions' League experience. Again, great signing.

- Heath Pearce couldn't come to terms with Orlando City. He is now a "free agent"

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
- Shaun Maloney, Scottish International, is close to joining the Chicago Fire. Great signing, was an Everton target.

- Markus Halsti, who played for Malmo this year, is joining DC United. He was an NYCFC target and has Champions' League experience. Again, great signing.

- Heath Pearce couldn't come to terms with Orlando City. He is now a "free agent"
Unfortunately for the Fire, they still haven't signed Maloney and may not ever.

Orlando signs N Irish striker Martin Paterson

Reactions: Kjbert
Hearing Maloney to Leicester now. Fire thought they had a deal

Reactions: Kjbert and BxLio91
28 year old Italian interntional

So TFC now has Altidore, Giovinco, Michael Bradley, and Gilberto on the books.

The East is bulking up.

Reactions: franchise646
Merging new Giovinco thread with this thread. I would merge the Altidore thread but it's so long it's better to leave it as it is.

Let's try to keep all talk of transfers for other clubs in one place.

I'm really confused now.

Magnus threw a fit when we posted unconfirmed things here a couple days ago saying this thread was only for confirmed things...and now he and several others are posting rumors here?

How does this thread work?

It sounds legit. Even Sky Sports is running with it and saying theres a chance of a transfer to LA, RB or NYCFC:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ve-liverpool-at-the-end-of-season-sky-sources
"Best of" Rumors:
Montreal Impact
-Ronaldinho
-Gilardino
-Riquelme?

- LA Galaxy send Marcelo Sarvas to Colorado Rapids to move up allocation ranking. Klestjan?

You also posted about Altidore when it was still a rumor, Vito. Obviously, a rumor with a lot of smoke behind it but far from confirmed at that point.

I think Magnus would be wise to actually write directions in the OP if he wants to throw a fit about what is acceptable in the thread and what isn't, later on.

Last edited:
You worry too much.

When I write "these are the best rumors" and then say a few names is quite different than posting "Messi to Chelsea" or "Hernandez to Chicago" with zero sources.

Yes keep to real transfers and post sources. If you have neither, post it somewhere else. This isn't rocket science.

So in summary (for those that care):
- Post MLS transfers
- Post Sources for MLS transfers
- If its just a random MLS transfer rumor, if its strong, please post with source
- If its random rumor with no source, don't post it.
- If you want to post about Winifred Bony going to MC, don't post it.

Any questions?