Saunders

Shelton

Angelino

Taylor

Watson-Siriboe

Williams

Wingert

If I was working this roster, you cut the following and free up tons of money:
Calle (225k), Grabavoy (215k), Meara (73k), Nemec (333k), Velasquez (60k), Watson-Siriboe (82k), Williams (125k) and Wingert (215k).

With Calle and Williams, you have 350k worth of nothing considering they have been injured most of the season.

Then you have dead wood in Grabavoy, Meara, Nemec, Velasquez, Watson-Siriboe and Wingert that frees up $925,000.

Jesus fucking Kreis.

Fucking Nemec is making $300,000, Wingert is making $215,000 and Grabavoy making $215,000 guranteed... ridiculous. DEAD WEIGHT!!!!!
Wingert and Grabavoy, I get - they're veterans who increased their market value over time, and we inherited their contracts from previous squads where they were paid based on what they'd done. That's not actually outrageous for a couple of MLS veterans who, at the point when they signed their contracts, were near all-star quality. It looks bad now, but it didn't look bad when they were signed by RSL a few years back.

Nemec making 300k is absolutely gobsmacking. Just incredible.

Others that look pretty rough -

• Williams at 125k considering we've got nothing from him is a bit high.

Others that look good -
  • Alvarez and Ballouchy at near the senior minimum... not bad.
  • Holy hell - Iraola is only making 200k? You've got to be kidding me.
  • Hernandez's contract is not as big as I thought it was.
If I was working this roster, you cut the following and free up tons of money:
Calle (225k), Grabavoy (215k), Meara (73k), Nemec (333k), Velasquez (60k), Watson-Siriboe (82k), Williams (125k) and Wingert (215k).

With Calle and Williams, you have 350k worth of nothing considering they have been injured most of the season.

Then you have dead wood in Grabavoy, Meara, Nemec, Velasquez, Watson-Siriboe and Wingert that frees up $925,000.

Jesus fucking Kreis.
And I'd fully expect some of those guys will be cut this offseason. But with the limited methods of signing new talent until the summer window, cutting them after the first few games would have done us no good.

Especially for the MLS veterans (Grabavoy, Wingert), who (correct me if I'm wrong) are considered guaranteed contracts and not semi-guaranteed, like some of the new guys.

Wingert and Grabavoy, I get - they're veterans who increased their market value over time, and we inherited their contracts from previous squads where they were paid based on what they'd done. That's not actually outrageous for a couple of MLS veterans who, at the point when they signed their contracts, were near all-star quality. It looks bad now, but it didn't look bad when they were signed by RSL a few years back.

Nemec making 300k is absolutely gobsmacking. Just incredible.

Others that look pretty rough -

• Williams at 125k considering we've got nothing from him is a bit high.

Others that look good -
  • Alvarez and Ballouchy at near the senior minimum... not bad.
  • Holy hell - Iraola is only making 200k? You've got to be kidding me.
  • Hernandez's contract is not as big as I thought it was.
Hernandez must have signed a front loaded contract he made more last year. Iraola I heard took a paycut but now we know it was a big one. Nemec is just a disgraceful contract he better start producing something.

Allen

Alvarez

Ballouchy

Brandt

Brovksy

Calle

Diskerud

Facey

Grabavoy

Hernandez

Iraola

Jacobson

Johansen

Lampard
6 Million

McNamara

Meara

Mena

Mullins

Nemec

Poku

Saunders

Shelton

Angelino

Taylor

Watson-Siriboe

Williams

Wingert

No Villa?

EDIT* - Not the complete list posted on here.. nevermind!

Reactions: Kjbert
So adding it up, I get our salaries at 4.45 million counting frank and pirlo as 212 vs the cap for half year DPs and Mix at 425 assuming he was bought down to there. We don't know how much allocation money we have to buy down our cap hit, but the cap is 3.3 million this year.

Interesting comment here by Dan Dickinson, LA apparently used the TAM on Gonzalez but his salary is $1.2 mil. They said...

"Targeted Allocation Money may not be used in conjunction with general Allocation Money on any one individual player in a single season."

Via:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...ment-club-rosters-introduction-targeted-alloc
You don't think we gave them all of our TAM for one international spot, do you?

You don't think we gave them all of our TAM for one international spot, do you?
Thought about that almost had a stroke... then said to myself no fucking way would we be that stupid and calmed down.

nervous-gif.gif

Guys, Jefferson Mena is shown as 200k, which is an okay number. But if Iraola is prorated at ~200k, wouldn't Mena be prorated too?

Meaning the new guy we haven't seen yet is making $400k a year.

That's honestly really, really scary. He'd better be good.
It could be a front loaded kind of thing as well maybe get paid a lot this year and average out over the length of the contract. Or we used allocation money to buy that down but hopefully it's front loaded.

It could be a front loaded kind of thing as well maybe get paid a lot this year and average out over the length of the contract. Or we used allocation money to buy that down but hopefully it's front loaded.
Seriously hope it's front-loaded, but it's hard to imagine that anyone would structure a contract to make half a season his highest paid season overall of the contract. I think it's a pretty safe estimate that he'll be making at least Nemec money, if not closer to 400k a year.

I get what you're saying, though - it's possible that the yearly rate for this year would have been $400k, and next year is $350, and year after is $325, etc