Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Charlotte FC vs. New York City FC
Saturday, September 10 1 PM ET
Bank of America Stadium
YES Network

When I planned this trip to visit family I was so excited, now after all of this garbage in the field... At least the stadium will be rocking

Hmm. Given personnel, what does Cushing do? 3ATB has actually been working.

Does he stay 3ATB?
If so, does Gray or Vuk get the 3rd spot?
If Gray, who plays the R Wingback?
And who slots in next to Maxi? Haak back?

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
Good question. I can't see us going with 3 at the back. Even with 2 centerbacks, we will end up with either Vuk or Grey at RCB - depending on whether Tinnerholm or Acevedo can play RB.

Reactions: Shwafta
Hmm. Given personnel, what does Cushing do? 3ATB has actually been working.

Does he stay 3ATB?
If so, does Gray or Vuk get the 3rd spot?
If Gray, who plays the R Wingback?
And who slots in next to Maxi? Haak back?

i think we see gray back at CB cause he's been playing well there (though he had a monster game last night at rwb). we might see vuk take the 3rd spot with jasson or turnbull (forgot about him didnt you!) take the rwb position. if we do 4atb, then chanot callens & gray + turnbull on the right. amundsen might need a rest so maybe we see gloster?

midfield with maxi, haak probably back. if not haak then zel (would really like zel actually) or maybe we see parks play a half to get us rolling.

kinda want to see heber start at the 9. he was hungry last night and with magno on the wing, we are more dangerous, i think.

Last edited:
"Highly likely" Gedion will start.

Keaton could get up to 30 minutes depending on game circumstances. Not quite ready for a whole half yet.
At the Cincy post have presser was there any discussion of why the team set up differently playing from the back with Johnson off to the side, and how that led to the own goal?

At the Cincy post have presser was there any discussion of why the team set up differently playing from the back with Johnson off to the side, and how that led to the own goal?
No, not that I recall. For the home games, they don't make a player available via the press conference as they do the road games since they now have the locker rooms open for media access. I'm not sure if that was asked there at all either.