MLS - September 10 - Charlotte (Away)

Oh well.

giphy.gif

Last year was fun.

first half - played like a tired team with a rotated squad of youngsters.
second half - played like a tired team but looked more organized and more ideas going forward.

we're tired. we need a break. atlas and then RB is going to be really tough. tough one to give up a chance at a trophy vs resting for RB...

was great to see parks. limited minutes but looked like he was ready to go. didn't seem like he was missing a step either. of course it was against a bunkering charlotte with 10 men.

would like to see more pelligrini instead of thiago. the latter has been disappointing and his lazy attitude is what frustrates me the most. win or lose, i want players who play their hearts out, and pelligrini does that.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
When you win 1 out of 10 it seems like any game is a tough one.
1 out of 10.
2 to an expansion club.
Dancing days these are not.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
I know we had 5 starters injured/suspended and another two starters on the bench. This was a heavily rotated squad, and expecting a win out of this game was probably way too much to ask.

But shit, that just wasn't good enough. Awful performance against a bad team. Ian made a great point during the broadcast. How many players in today's XI were in the MLS Cup XI? This is not the same team, and it's just not good enough right now.

Hopefully we rested Santi and Maxi so they could be ready for Wednesday. Maybe we can win a trophy, then we go get the Red Bulls and see where we are from there. Certainly doesn't feel like we're going to make it deep into the playoffs this year though, that's for sure.

Reactions: Kjbert
I know we had 5 starters injured/suspended and another two starters on the bench. This was a heavily rotated squad, and expecting a win out of this game was probably way too much to ask.

But shit, that just wasn't good enough. Awful performance against a bad team. Ian made a great point during the broadcast. How many players in today's XI were in the MLS Cup XI? This is not the same team, and it's just not good enough right now.

Hopefully we rested Santi and Maxi so they could be ready for Wednesday. Maybe we can win a trophy, then we go get the Red Bulls and see where we are from there. Certainly doesn't feel like we're going to make it deep into the playoffs this year though, that's for sure.

if we don't change how we're playing as far as intensity and quickness - we're likely gonna get blown out on wednesday and saturday.

yes they are tired and our squad just isn't deep enough to cope with injuries and outgoing loans. i would love to be proven wrong, but i don't see our guys getting the energy to go crazy against atlas and the red bulls. so we have to pick one and focus on that.

if we don't change how we're playing as far as intensity and quickness - we're likely gonna get blown out on wednesday and saturday.

yes they are tired and our squad just isn't deep enough to cope with injuries and outgoing loans. i would love to be proven wrong, but i don't see our guys getting the energy to go crazy against atlas and the red bulls. so we have to pick one and focus on that.

I wonder if it's deeper than "they are tired." Last season ended on Dec. 11, the team had four weeks off before starting preseason. Maybe they're just worn out. They've played a ridiculous amount of soccer over the last 18 months. 34 games last season, 4 playoff games, then how many games already this year? Three US Open Cup, six CCL games, 31 reg. season games -- that's 78 games since last March with only a month off in the middle of it. Maybe they're just gassed.

I wonder if it's deeper than "they are tired." Last season ended on Dec. 11, the team had four weeks off before starting preseason. Maybe they're just worn out. They've played a ridiculous amount of soccer over the last 18 months. 34 games last season, 4 playoff games, then how many games already this year? Three US Open Cup, six CCL games, 31 reg. season games -- that's 78 games since last March with only a month off in the middle of it. Maybe they're just gassed.
Just look at Seattle. Might be no coincidence the two teams with deep CCL runs fell apart.
I’m not counting on it, but if we can win the C-Cup and beat RB, I’ll consider the season salvaged.
Cherry on top would be knocking out Philly even if we lose the next round.