Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Inter Miami CF vs. New York City FC
Saturday, September 30 7:30 PM ET
DRV PNK Stadium
Apple TV (MLS Season Pass)

I really hope this is one of those games Messi misses.
1) gives us a fighting chance and frankly 2) they won’t need him we are that bad atm.

I really hope this is one of those games Messi misses.
1) gives us a fighting chance and frankly 2) they won’t need him we are that bad atm.
By that time we will have been eliminated from the playoffs. What will we care about win, lose or draw? Hope he plays.

Messi, Busquets and Alba all sitting tonight against Orlando. Obviously they are going all in on the USOC game Wednesday night. Whether they play against us, and if so starting or from bench, depends on how Wednesday goes.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCMore
If we beat Miami on Saturday, they'd be 8 points back of us with 4 to play. Starting to feel like Miami is going to run out of time to make the playoffs, and also feels like they're not really trying that hard to get in with all the games off Messi is taking.

Honestly, probably a better chance for them to start with Messi for a full season.

So Alba is definitely out tomorrow and Messi is TBD, even though Miami is prioritizing the USOC. Garber nightmare scenario. I was rooting for exhaustion. Now I have to hope they're healthy cause rooting for injury is lame.

So Alba is definitely out tomorrow and Messi is TBD, even though Miami is prioritizing the USOC. Garber nightmare scenario. I was rooting for exhaustion. Now I have to hope they're healthy cause rooting for injury is lame.
I would prefer to win the match regardless on who is on the field for Miami.

Of course we are going to get the rested Messi rather than the missing or tired one.

Agree, I think good chance he misses. But it would be in the spirit of our season if he plays with an abundance of well rested energy. (Truthfully I do wish he were playing both tonight and against us)
Same. Decent number of NYC fans are traveling to the game. I’m sure they’ll be disappointed.