MLS - September 22 - Red Bulls (Away) [Rescheduled]

They should play it tomorrow. Best all around. No midweek games for either club because of the all-star game. Both clubs prepped and ready.

Otherwise here is what I found - all mid-week and inconvenient.

Tues - Aug 30 - During international break; NYC plays Friday.

Tues/Wed - Sep 21/22 - midweek before we host the Derby.

Wed - Oct 6 - during international break; NJ plays Sat.

Wed - Oct 13 - during international break; midweek before last derby game in NJ
That is probably the best solution but I think they would have announced by now. You have to give people with tickets decent notice. No matter what date they pick there will be grousing. One of the few parameters left that they control is notice. They have very little window left to announce it’s tomorrow and be reasonable about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
That is probably the best solution but I think they would have announced by now. You have to give people with tickets decent notice. No matter what date they pick there will be grousing. One of the few parameters left that they control is notice. They have very little window left to announce its tomorrow And be reasonable about it.
Fair point. On the other hand, they could also do Tuesday. Maybe even a Wednesday double-header with the all-star game (which doesn’t start until 9:30pm).

Fair point. On the other hand, they could also do Tuesday. Maybe even a Wednesday double-header with the all-star game (which doesn’t start until 9:30pm).
Well it would be unfair that we'd miss Sands and Red Bulls would be missing nobody

Well it would be unfair that we'd miss Sands and Red Bulls would be missing nobody
Yes, but we are still good enough to kick their ass with Sands missing.

I checked. The all-star game is on FS1, the same network that was supposed to show the derby last night. At 7:00, FS1 is scheduled to show a replay of the all-star game skills contest, originally broadcast at 9:00 the evening before.

If rather it be Tuesday. First to maximize rest before New England. Second to allow Sands to go to the ASG, even if just to put on the uniform and at most run for 5-10 minutes.

Last edited:
Useful information here about special rules that apply to postponed games. Some of the rules about disciplinary matters is hard to follow but I don’t think anything applies to this game anyway.

Useful information here about special rules that apply to postponed games. Some of the rules about disciplinary matters is hard to follow but I don’t think anything applies to this game anyway.

Its late and I got a headache, but is that basically saying that Heber would be ineligible for the makeup game if he is healthy?

Its late and I got a headache, but is that basically saying that Heber would be ineligible for the makeup game if he is healthy?
I don't think so. I believe we fall under the policy that roster changes are unrestricted because the game was suspended before the game began.

They should play it tomorrow. Best all around. No midweek games for either club because of the all-star game. Both clubs prepped and ready.

Otherwise here is what I found - all mid-week and inconvenient.

Tues - Aug 30 - During international break; NYC plays Friday.

Tues/Wed - Sep 21/22 - midweek before we host the Derby.

Wed - Oct 6 - during international break; NJ plays Sat.

Wed - Oct 13 - during international break; midweek before last derby game in NJ

Missed another possibility, which is Wed - Sep 8 - during international break.

When The Red Bull - Miami game was washed out in July it took 12 days before they announced the new date.

At first, I thought that was insane, but then considered that you'd have to coordinate team schedules, broadcast rights (here, for what should be a nationally televised game), vendor/part-time staff availability, ticketing, etc it kinda makes sense it could take that much time.