MLS - September 22 - Red Bulls (Away) [Rescheduled]

For some reason I can't get ESPN+ to work with NordVPN. Maybe Disney has them blacklisted.

keep trying different locations. they probably have some locations blacklisted at least until nordVPN refreshes their IP addresses.

I use expressVPN and sometimes a location that works once doesn't work another time, but will work again after an IP refresh. just keep trying different locations and hopefully you'll get lucky.

Sigh.
Ass ref making ass calls. Now we're down some of our best players next game. 2 subs. 2 subs, after a red card. Time wasting done very VERY poorly.

I told you we won't win all three derbies. Just ain't happening with the way we've been playing.

Reactions: Schwallacus
Lot of blame has to go to Ronny. Terrible end game management.

we are bad at game management. we should have kept possession and took the ball to the corners. get fouls. we shouldn't be attacking. not with 10 players.

subs should have come on for fresh legs. MORALES ESPECIALLY. the guy is a waste of space. ball watches like a fan.

ref is clear motm. screwed us on two big calls. 8 minutes was way too much extra time.

we have had a ref controversy for derbies at RBA every time for how many years now??

That was a fuck job by Elfath of monumental proportions. Just an astonishing level of incompetence.

He was poor all game, but against both sides. He saved his best for last, however, and from the red card onward, it was terrible.

Reactions: LionNYC
refs really should be forced to face the media after the game and explain themselves.

maybe they wouldn't make such shitty calls if they were going to be held accountable.

Reactions: LionNYC
All of soccer reporter twitter is saying it hit Chanot’s body first.

doesn't matter now. can't appeal the result.

can we appeal the red on parks and 2nd yellow on chanot? utter disgrace by elfath. i take back everything i said about him. he's trash.

Look who’s taking care of business.

Attachments

• 1EE39684-AF59-4AFC-9354-6AEC34E892A6.png
    1EE39684-AF59-4AFC-9354-6AEC34E892A6.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Elfath lost control after the red. Rattled, started carding like it was candy, then found a new way to define clear and obvious. I am rarely one to blame officials as calls go both ways long term, but, wow.

Ronny should have subbed sooner, like always, but that wasn't the issue. A Thiago for Maxi at the end could have helped, but it shouldn't have been necessary.

doesn't matter now. can't appeal the result.

can we appeal the red on parks and 2nd yellow on chanot? utter disgrace by elfath. i take back everything i said about him. he's trash.
We can appeal the red to Keaton, cannot appeal the 2nd yellow to Chanot

• Sad
Reactions: moogoo
we are bad at game management. we should have kept possession and took the ball to the corners. get fouls. we shouldn't be attacking. not with 10 players.

with less than 2 minutes left Malte had the ball with a clear line to the corner and instead tried to dribble the RB defender and cut it back for a weak shot on goal.

instead of knocking it out and maybe getting a corner that ends the game he does that. Needless to say RBNJ goes right up the field and gives Elfath his chance to determine the result.

can’t wait for our second PRO “we screwed up oops” after they already took points from NYCFC in the Toronto game. That’s 4 points that would look really good right now. This is why NYCFC will play on the road in the playoffs and go out meekly.

with less than 2 minutes left Malte had the ball with a clear line to the corner and instead tried to dribble the RB defender and cut it back for a weak shot on goal.

instead of knocking it out and maybe getting a corner that ends the game he does that. Needless to say RBNJ goes right up the field and gives Elfath his chance to determine the result.

can’t wait for our second PRO “we screwed up oops” after they already took points from NYCFC in the Toronto game. That’s 4 points that would look really good right now. This is why NYCFC will play on the road in the playoffs and go out meekly.
exactly what i mean.

RONNY should have told him exactly what to do for game management when he subbed on. but he didn't or amundsen didn't listen. it's ridiculous. how do you not know to waste time the corner when you're down a man and have the lead in extra time???? even supporters know that and a professional player doesn't? it's absurd.

Reactions: Vallos and canchon