MLS - September 22 - Red Bulls (Away) [Rescheduled]

So who are we getting for the home game? Kelly, Chapman or Unkel? Maybe Elfath can be the VAR ref? *sigh*

So who are we getting for the home game? Kelly, Chapman or Unkel? Maybe Elfath can be the VAR ref? *sigh*

you joke, but it is probably very likely.

i'm more worried about how our backline is going to look. i'm guessing sands will play the right CB with callens on the left, but sands is just not that good as a 2nd CB. missing parks is going to hurt too since he's been so good for us the last 2-3 months.

having thiago on for this game would have helped to stretch the red bulls out so they couldn't push forward when we were down to 10. just knock and long every time and have thiago chase. jasson coming on would have helped draw lots of fouls too. HE definitely would have wasted time in that corner and drew a foul or two. hell he'd draw a foul anywhere on the field and the 8 minutes of extra time would have been gone with 4 fouls on jasson. lol.

That was absolute Grade A bullshit. Complete bullshit. Never a red card on Keaton, and the Chanot play -- it's ball to chest, then the ball ricochets onto his arm which is down by his side. How is that an unnatural position? How is that a penalty? After a ridiculous 8 minutes of added time.

Just diabolical refereeing. Are there things to complain about in regards to our play or Ronny? Sure. But screw that. We won that game until the referee decided we shouldn't win. Awful. Absolutely awful.

Reactions: Sabo
it is sad that this thread is more complaints about the ref than anything about how we played - good or bad.

ref fucked us good tonight's game and took two of our key players off the field for saturday.

elfath and the VAR should be fined and suspended.

Reactions: sabertooth36
it is sad that this thread is more complaints about the ref than anything about how we played - good or bad.

ref fucked us good tonight's game and took two of our key players off the field for saturday.

elfath and the VAR should be fined and suspended.

I thought we played really well. That game was a proper derby -- scrappy and nasty right from the start, But we handled it well. We were better the first half than in the second half, and of course the phantom red card changes the game. Hard to take much out of the 2nd half when that happens.

Is there any punishment a club can receive for getting too many red cards in a season or a shorter period of time, 6 red cards in 6 games seems like there should be some sort of reprecussion right?

Just to add to the elfath BS, kilmala was almost given a second yellow late in the game for fighting for a ball with sands when it went out if bounds and was only given a "very strong" talking to. Funny how I thought. In the moment how that was gonna bite us in the ass.

I didn’t sleep well last night. Not saying it’s because of the game, just saying…

Does the league ever retract cards after the fact on review?

I was watching feed on ESPN. Not sure who the announcers were but the pretzel logic about the « handball » seemed pretty ludicrous.
To me, it looked like upper arm. Did it hit his hand after? I couldn’t tell. Anyway- you might think a ball that smashes the upper part of your arm might have an effect on the your arm below the elbow. Players, fans and I guess Ref.’s throw away any sense of natural body movement and involuntary action to cry and award penalties.
It’s one of my least favorite things about this game.

You were either listening to our crew or the Red Bulls crew - probably the later as ESPN typically goes with the home team. I read on Twitter that Shep Messing was doubtful it was a penalty, and that guy is the biggest Red Bull homer you'll find.

Sean Johnson's quote at the end of this is terrific.

“For me, it’s about taking this game and obviously this frustration and putting it into the weekend because there's no way for me that we should have walked out of here without three points,” Johnson said. “We deserved it and worked for it. It was disappointing to walk off the pitch and see them celebrate a draw as if it were justly deserved.”

You were either listening to our crew or the Red Bulls crew - probably the later as ESPN typically goes with the home team. I read on Twitter that Shep Messing was doubtful it was a penalty, and that guy is the biggest Red Bull homer you'll find.
Yes, I saw someone on Twitter berate him for rooting for NYCFC.

I’m going to be the sunshine here for a moment.

We were clearly the better team. Our failure was, as always, to validate our superior play with a 2nd goal. Or more savvy end game management of subs, time wasting etc. Unlike most I don’t general pin any blame on refs and don’t believe in anti-NYCFC conspiracies. However, the ref made BAD and game-changing decisions tonight for sure.

But to come away with a point and the feeling we were better and got robbed is not a terrible place to be. Imagine being a Red Bull fan, knowing you lucked into a point after being 2nd best all night. We’ll be in the playoffs. They won’t.

Also, will missing Chanot be so terrible? His foul cost us one goal and his arm a second. His decisions/carelessness really hurt us last night.