Mls Stadiums And Fields

What's the point of a hybrid grass turf system? The only reason anyone installs turf is to save money that would be spent constantly watering and repairing a grass field. Doesn't a hybrid defeat the purpose?

It's supposed to make the pitch more durable (a big reason a lot of stadiums choose turf, especially football/dual purpose stadiums) while still maintaining the feel of natural grass. There was some rumors a few months ago about Portland looking into using it.

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
What's the point of a hybrid grass turf system? The only reason anyone installs turf is to save money that would be spent constantly watering and repairing a grass field. Doesn't a hybrid defeat the purpose?

I've never played on anything like desso or even seen it in person. I played football in college so I've played a ton on the field turf and in my opinion it sucks. It slips and there are a lot of ACL injuries because of it. Also there are a lot of staff infections because of all of the sweat on the field it just sits there and never gets cleaned. Not to mention you'll never stop finding the black rubber pebbles they're EVERYWHERE. You can't replace grass!

Also, with all of the golf courses closing across the country where are all of the turf management graduates going to work?

Last edited:
I prefer grass, knew about the knee injuries, but thought the brand new artificial surfaces had solved that problem.

I've never played on anything like desso or even seen it in person. I played football in college so I've played a ton on the field turf and in my opinion it sucks. It slips and there are a lot of ACL injuries because of it. Also there are a lot of staff infections because of all of the sweat on the field it just sits there and never gets cleaned. Not to mention you'll never stop finding the black rubber pebbles they're EVERYWHERE. You can't replace grass!

Also, with all of the golf courses closing across the country where are all of the turn management graduates going to work?
Replace with turf pebbles

Reactions: SayWhat44