MLS Week 2 Discussion

My "local" team beats the frauds from jersey. Now we need to take advantage and beat TFC tomorrow. We absolutely needs to start well. I'm not a fan of thuggish play but stopping Gio any way possible is a must.

MLS Primetime Saturday Night

Colorado vs. LA - 7 PM
Columbus vs. Philadelphia - 7:30 PM
Sporting KC vs. Vancouver - 8:30 PM
Houston vs. Dallas - 8:30 PM

Reactions: Gene
Truth be told, I think last year was an aberration for NJ as a total outlier - new system that other teams weren't geared to defend. This year everybody knows what to expect.
I think it's worse than that, let's not forget, it was still really Petke's team last season.

Mike Petke, the only manager that consistently saw success in Jersey. Thus the question becomes: Has upper management poisoned the well AGAIN?

Just when it looked as though this blind squirrel of a club had finally, finally found a nut...have they managed to steal defeat from the jaws of victory?

I think so. If the Bulls collapse into a miserable or average season, Marsch could be gone by next year, I think.

I think it's worse than that, let's not forget, it was still really Petke's team last season.

Mike Petke, the only manager that consistently saw success in Jersey. Thus the question becomes: Has upper management poisoned the well AGAIN?

Just when it looked as though this blind squirrel of a club had finally, finally found a nut...have they managed to steal defeat from the jaws of victory?

I think so. If the Bulls collapse into a miserable or average season, Marsch could be gone by next year, I think.
If they go from supporters shield to missing the playoffs, not only will Marsch be gone, but there won't be any more 400page club manifestos being read at town hall meetings since the author will also get kicked to the curb.

MLS Primetime Saturday Night

Colorado vs. LA - 7 PM
Columbus vs. Philadelphia - 7:30 PM
Sporting KC vs. Vancouver - 8:30 PM
Houston vs. Dallas - 8:30 PM
Looks like it's another free weekend.

On my TWC channel 779 I'm getting the Colorado vs Los Angeles match and channel 780 has the Philadelphia vs Columbus game.

I assume the late games will be on too.

Looks like it's another free weekend.

On my TWC channel 779 I'm getting the Colorado vs Los Angeles match and channel 780 has the Philadelphia vs Columbus game.

I assume the late games will be on too.

Try channel 775, much better quality. For me 779 isn't HD.

If I were MLS, I'd do at least one of two things: give away the cable package for at least the first half of the season and add a whiparound like channel to the app. Maybe for cable, too. I'd have to think about that more.

Hell, I only really got into MLS because red bull matches were free and the only footy on most late Saturday afternoons. You need exposure more than subscriber fees right now.

I most always find the drug dealer model of customer acquisition a good one. Make the money on the comeback.

I have a feeling the whip-around show from week 1 was a test run for things to come.

I thought it was a great success but they do need stronger personalities on that show going forward.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
If I were MLS, I'd do at least one of two things: give away the cable package for at least the first half of the season and add a whiparound like channel to the app. Maybe for cable, too. I'd have to think about that more.

Hell, I only really got into MLS because red bull matches were free and the only footy on most late Saturday afternoons. You need exposure more than subscriber fees right now.

I most always find the drug dealer model of customer acquisition a good one. Make the money on the comeback.
Most people would start with the pure product first and once at rock bottom get in to the crank. You though got a fix on the unbearable stuff to begin with via RB. Brave soul.

Most people would start with the pure product first and once at rock bottom get in to the crank. You though got a fix on the unbearable stuff to begin with via RB. Brave soul.
Amateur is my favorite "film" type, too.

And I'd be lying if I said I watched them in their entirety at first. I couldn't. But it offered me a lens to see the league get better. Unwatchable to "hey, this ain't so bad MOST of the time" in like 2-3 seasons.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I have a feeling the whip-around show from week 1 was a test run for things to come.

I thought it was a great success but they do need stronger personalities on that show going forward.
I didn't know there was one. Damn.

Anyone watch the Colorado - LA finish? Wow