Mls Week 2 Matchday Thread

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
As always direct the NYCFC Discussion to the Matchday section.
Here are this weeks line of games.

Friday, March 13 7:00 PM
Houston Dynamo
Orlando City SC

Saturday, March 14 6:00 PM
Chicago Fire
Whitecaps FC

Columbus Crew 7:30 PM
Toronto FC

FC Dallas 8:30 PM
Sporting KC

Real Salt Lake 9:30 PM
Philadelphia Union

Sounders FC 10:00 PM
SJ Earthquakes

Sunday, March 15 5:00 PM
New York City FC
NE Revolution

Portland Timbers 7:00 PM
LA Galaxy

Reactions: NYCFC 12th man
Its weird, I find myself wanting to root for the Eastern conference clubs against the Western conference because who wants to be in the weaker conference but that of course means wanting Jersey and Orlando to beat someone and gain points in our table.

That said, I fully expect Houston to curb stomp Orlando worse than they did in Charleston. It will be interesting to see if Columbus can handle Toronto coming off that loss to Houston.

Sporting heading down to Dallas should be a clash of good teams. Obviously Portland will be rocking when LA comes in, Portland really need to win.

Chicago might get their DP Accam back when they face Vancouver. Vancouver will be coming in pretty pissed off about losing to Toronto so I Chicago is probably screwed. I think Philly/RSL will be an interesting match-up because I'm not really sure how good either team is yet.

Sounders should blow away San Jose. It will only be interesting if San Jose can get a first goal.

I still think back to that deflection. Stealing a win in Orlando would have been a huge fuck you to all the detractors.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
Orlando@Houston tonight.

Go Orlando...
Not sure if serious.
ScaryKingston.0.0.jpg

Reactions: LostAnvil
Its weird, I find myself wanting to root for the Eastern conference clubs against the Western conference because who wants to be in the weaker conference but that of course means wanting Jersey and Orlando to beat someone and gain points in our table.

That said, I fully expect Houston to curb stomp Orlando worse than they did in Charleston. It will be interesting to see if Columbus can handle Toronto coming off that loss to Houston.

Sporting heading down to Dallas should be a clash of good teams. Obviously Portland will be rocking when LA comes in, Portland really need to win.

Chicago might get their DP Accam back when they face Vancouver. Vancouver will be coming in pretty pissed off about losing to Toronto so I Chicago is probably screwed. I think Philly/RSL will be an interesting match-up because I'm not really sure how good either team is yet.

Sounders should blow away San Jose. It will only be interesting if San Jose can get a first goal.

Interesting. I am on the other end of the spectrum. I want the West Conference to beat up on East Conference teams except NYCFC.

Wow. Why would they start this game at 6:00 in Houston? Hope all those empty seats fill in as the night goes on.

Orlando hugely lucky the Houston player slipped or that might have been a really embarrassing goal...

Not watching right now. Was it an embarrassing missed opportunity by Houston?
Orlando was a little too casual going to collect a ball back by their goal and a Houston player just ran up and reached the ball but slipped and fell. If he stayed on his feet he would have had a shot for sure.

Reactions: Gene