MLS Week 29

Out of spite, we don't want RB to win the conference. Ever. Doesn't matter when we play them, just take care of business when we do - they definitely don't look like the same team that trounced us.

Maybe I'm biased, but we play a much prettier brand of footie then the rest of the east and create a whole lot more chances. I feel good about the playoffs, it's only Slosh that scares me.

Reactions: Ulrich
Maybe I'm biased, but we play a much prettier brand of footie then the rest of the east and create a whole lot more chances. I feel good about the playoffs, it's only Slosh that scares me.
I agree we play better against other teams, but at some point we're going to have to brace up and wipe the specter of RB off our backs - we can hope another team knocks them out first but in reality we should expect to have to do it ourselves. But to "keep" them from the bragging rights of conference champs is important - it'd just be another talking point next year if they win it.

Reactions: FootyLovin and adam
This looks familiar...

upload_2016-9-27_8-15-8.png

upload_2016-9-27_8-16-4.png

That's the exact same krap he spewed to us, literally verbatim..... the man absolutely cannot look in the mirror and admit the problem may lie from within his bumbling style & tactics.

I hate Orlando and their fans, but man, I feel for the fans on this - nobody should have to endure that angry mug and his ridiculous excuses & passive-aggressive finger-pointing.

The worst part is he didn't need to go into that much detail at all. It almost seems like was baited into that answer if you look at how they phrased the question. Any reasonable *new* coach would just say something like "We are working very hard to make a strong push for the post season, and hope to turn it around in the remaining games." But not him, he hears a question about squad characteristics and boom, team under bus.

I just can't understand seeing him as anything other than one of the most depressing coaches of all time. He never owns anything himself. He always blames his players. So critical. I am so glad we have an inspiring manager now.

ETA: Ulrich Ulrich beat me to it. Same POV.
He's just an ass. That's it. He was beyond lucky to get his first job with a group of guys he played with, and the team that won it wasn't that good, it just got very lucky in the playoffs. He's been surviving on that notoriety ever since and his false facade is being torn down with two stints in a row that are less than lackluster - with all of their faults, Orlando was not/is not a hopeless club but he's obviously not inspiring them, nor raising their level of play, nor putting them in a position to win - but he is tossing them under the bus, or in Orlando tossing them in front of the monorail. I just don't understand how a team with Kaka and Larin, among others, can be so hapless??? I would guess that Kaka is going to have some private talks with the owner - Kreis better not put his resume away too soon.

That's the exact same krap he spewed to us, literally verbatim..... the man absolutely cannot look in the mirror and admit the problem may lie from within his bumbling style & tactics.

I hate Orlando and their fans, but man, I feel for the fans on this - nobody should have to endure that angry mug and his ridiculous excuses & passive-aggressive finger-pointing.

I don't really want to defend Kreis, but earlier in the article he took some of the blame.

“Ultimately, I'm the leader. I think it's upon me and the coaching staff to do everything we can, especially at the halftime, to make sure that they're ready to come out in the second half,” said the Lions' new boss. “So I look first and foremost at myself.

“Do I think that there's a little bit of lack-of-a-leadership problem on this team? Yeah, it's one of the things we identified before we came. I think some of the guys have done a good job to step forward and take a little bit more of a vocal leadership role, but we're not quite getting enough of it yet.”

I don't really want to defend Kreis, but earlier in the article he took some of the blame.

“Ultimately, I'm the leader. I think it's upon me and the coaching staff to do everything we can, especially at the halftime, to make sure that they're ready to come out in the second half,” said the Lions' new boss. “So I look first and foremost at myself.

“Do I think that there's a little bit of lack-of-a-leadership problem on this team? Yeah, it's one of the things we identified before we came. I think some of the guys have done a good job to step forward and take a little bit more of a vocal leadership role, but we're not quite getting enough of it yet.”
That's the passive-aggressive side of him. He takes ownership with two sentences but every other paragraph is about the players' lack of leadership, the players' lack of belief, the players' needing to figure it out and answer, the players' not doing what they're told after halftime/starting sluggishly..... At what point do his two sentences hold any ownership when he makes the entire speech about the players? Seriously, that's textbook passive-aggressive behavior.

Reactions: ktdNYCFC
Fun Fact: RBNJ's most recent win put them over the .500 mark in their overall team regular season record for the first time since 1996. They stand at 263-262-134.

Fun Fact: RBNJ's most recent win put them over the .500 mark in their overall team regular season record for the first time since 1996. They stand at 263-262-134.
Wow, took them 21 years to become average....

Here's another way to kick them though.... out of 659 total games they've only secured 923 points out of a possible 1977 points, which leaves them as only 46.69% successful.... they need a few more wins to get to 50.01% :p