MLS Week 5: Rivals

NYCFCFan10

Registered
Mar 23, 2014
ScreenShot2014-04-03at43605PM_zpsee7d8589.png

What to watch for:

Portland vs. Seattle: Cascadia Cup Round 1
Both Seattle and Portland have been struggling to find an identity this season. Will Clint Dempsey's return shake things up again for Seattle and can Caleb Porter crack the problems plaguing Portland?
BkYohKBIUAAfA_l.jpg

The Texas Derby

"On Saturday, FC Dallas and the Houston Dynamo will resume their battle for "El Capitán," the Civil War-era cannon currently in the possession of the Dynamo."
BkahvYeIIAAYxjf.jpg

Jack Mac no longer in Philly
BkZ45tNIgAA9dx2.jpg

Trillium Cup
Toronto FC vs. Columbus Crew
The Crew could be the best team in MLS right now and Toronto FC has been battered and bruised in a crushing defeat to RSL last week. No Defoe this week, can Michael Bradley and Gilberto get the job done?
BkUYOc5IcAAQqNL.jpg

Real Salt Lake vs. Sporting Kansas City: The Rematch
No Kreis and no title on the line this time but you can bet RSL will be looking for a little revenge after the way last year's MLS Cup ended.
BkWBmd0IEAAZymO.jpg

Last edited:
I want see the Cascades and I want see how Bradley plays with his team after the USA game. Not to mention all the USMNT hopefuls
Tons of USMNTers in action. Really puts into perspective just how much the USMNT will be riding MLS this summer.

Clint Dempsey and DeAndre Yedlin in a big game in Portland.
Brad Davis and Will Bruin in Houston against FC Dallas.
Michael Parkhurst takes on Michael Bradley in Columbus.
Kyle Beckerman, Luis Gil and Nick Rimando take on San Zusi and Matt Besler in Kansas City.
Maurice Edu heads to Chicago to take on Mike Magee and the Fire.
Landon Donovan and Omar Gonzalez in the Super Clasico.

I'm not a Brad Davis, Will Bruin, Mike Magee fan and I hate to say that about Magee cause I do like the guy but I like Johansen and when Altidore is in form he is also a better FWD as well as Johnson and Chris.

Michael Parkhurst I would have not put him in the runnings before but he had a decent game and so did Beltran but I think both of them are long shots just like Luis Gil.

I'm not a Brad Davis, Will Bruin, Mike Magee fan and I hate to say that about Magee cause I do like the guy but I like Johansen and when Altidore is in form he is also a better FWD as well as Johnson and Chris.

Michael Parkhurst I would have not put him in the runnings before but he had a decent game and so did Beltran but I think both of them are long shots just like Luis Gil.
Oh I'm sure Magee and Bruin aren't even in the running right now. Bruin was looking great though the first few weeks of MLS. Some absolutely beautiful goals. He could be one to watch for in 2018 just like Gil, Beltran, and Jack Mac.

Wow, yeah, he's 26! Came in the 2008 draft, which to me, doesn't seem that long ago but I guess it is now. Damn...

Should be an excellent weekend. I'm always pumped to watch the Cascadia matches.

Should be an excellent weekend. I'm always pumped to watch the Cascadia matches.
I think the Texas derby is actually the bigger game right now because both Houston and Dallas have looked great early this season.

But the atmosphere at Portland will be second to none.

I'm excited for this week. Some great games for sure!
Looking forward to the fantasy aspect as well, I made a lot of changes and feel good about it being my best week!

Well that was quick from Seattle. 1-0 after a 3rd minute Kenny Cooper goal

Portland Seattle has been wildly entertaining.
Especially the last few minutes 8-11.
Back and forth action, gotta love it.

Am I the only one that didn't think Dempsey would score there?
That and I didn't want him to. Not feeling the whole bad boy image.