Mls Week 8: The Old Clint Dempsey Is Back

NYCFCFan10

Registered
Mar 23, 2014
Great news USMNT fans, Clint Dempsey is back to his old ways. The guy is scoring everything. 8 goals in 5 games I believe and a whole bunch of assists to go along with that. He's been an absolute terror to MLS. Seattle crushed Colorado 4-1.
int_140406_ESPN_FC_Clint_Dempsey_shines.jpg

In other news, Jack McInerney and the Montreal Impact get their first win while Philadelphia continue to slide. I think Philadelphia is starting to look stupid as Montreal has gotten better and better and Philadelphia has gotten worse and worse since the Mac/Wenger trade went down between these two teams.

Still to come tonight,

DC United vs. FC Dallas
Columbus Crew vs. Jersey Energy Drinks
New England Revs vs. Sporting KC
RSL vs. Vancouver
San Jose vs. Chivas

and tomorrow we get two struggling teams of late in Houston vs. Portland.

Reactions: einwindir
Dallas gets a red card while up 1-0

11 man DC vs. Superior 10 man Dallas side....interesting now

Jesus, the Western Conference finals are going to be absolutely insane if the teams there cane keep it up.

Sounders are tied atop the Western conference with the win today and if DC United can finish off this weakened Dallas team, it'll remain that way. Sounders also have the head to head win over Dallas.

If the playoffs started today LA Galaxy and Portland wouldn't even make the playoffs! It would be Dallas, Seattle, RSL, Colorado and Vancouver. Now, I expected Portland and LA Galaxy to get it going in the second half of the season. Though if they don't I would hope to see Dallas, Seattle, RSL, LA Galaxy, and Vancouver. That would be brutal.

Another shocking thing is that if DC United win this game, they'll have won 3 games -- in a row. That would match their total number of wins, in the league, all year last year. Not only that but they would also have a share of first place in the East with 11. Though NY, Columbus, and SKC are yet to play.

That said, DC United have problems. I think Ben Olsen should go if this team doesn't make the playoffs this year.

1-1 at the half. For some reason a lot of people showed up at the BBVA Stadium dressed as orange seats. :rolleyes:

1-1 at the half. For some reason a lot of people showed up at the BBVA Stadium dressed as orange seats. :rolleyes:
That's kinda strange. I was watching the Red Bulls @ Crew last night and most of the crowd were wearing yellow seats. Must be a new thing.

That's kinda strange. I was watching the Red Bulls @ Crew last night and most of the crowd were wearing yellow seats. Must be a new thing.
Did you catch the game towards the end? I thought it looked like a pretty good crowd until like the last 15 minutes when people obviously left to avoid the rush.

BossNYC BossNYC

Only missed kickoff because I thought the game was starting a little later than it actually was. The stands seemed pretty thin. The cameras were also rather terrible, until you got used to it.