#MLSisBack - July 14 - Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.
In prime masochistic fashion I still want to watch the ORL-NYCFC game. I had cut the cord radically during the pandemic, relying on Prime and Netflix. I got Sling, which is supposed to have ESPN, ESPN 2, etc. right before our first match. But now this one's supposed to be on TUDN and Twitter. What the hell is TUDN? Is Twitter free? Advice please.

TUDN is Univision's sports channel. It is on Spectrum cable - not sure as to any streaming options.

In prime masochistic fashion I still want to watch the ORL-NYCFC game. I had cut the cord radically during the pandemic, relying on Prime and Netflix. I got Sling, which is supposed to have ESPN, ESPN 2, etc. right before our first match. But now this one's supposed to be on TUDN and Twitter. What the hell is TUDN? Is Twitter free? Advice please.
You can watch the Twitter stream (with TUDN’s English commentators) for free and it doesn’t require a twitter account

Reactions: Vallos

twitter has an app on the fire stick that I use to watch.

The Twitter broadcast is free. I think you can find it on the MLS twitter account.

So wait tomorrow’s game is basically on TUDN (only available on some cable and no streaming platforms) or Twitter (fine if I want to watch it on my phone but good luck with a TV)...right? What?

So wait tomorrow’s game is basically on TUDN (only available on some cable and no streaming platforms) or Twitter (fine if I want to watch it on my phone but good luck with a TV)...right? What?
My tv has a web browser and I’ve had success in the past typing in URL’s and getting the video to work. If you have a smart tv that’s an option.
Looks like he’s ready.

I dont have a twitter but I have watched games in the past on their site. Sadly I'll be working tomorrow night and won't be able to watch it live. If someone could post the twitter link to the game to this thread before it gets locked up with no spoilers, that would be greatly appreciated! I hope I'll be able to rewatch it after the fact

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
My tv has a web browser and I’ve had success in the past typing in URL’s and getting the video to work. If you have a smart tv that’s an option.
Looks like he’s ready.
With Maxi unavailable I would bet we see Cacha play significant minutes, if not start. And with Mitrita potentially out and Isi looking ineffective, I wouldn't be surprised to see a switch to a 4-4-2 with Taty/Heber up front and perhaps a midfield 4 of Cacha, Ring, Parks, and Medina.

I use Airplay on the Mac to broadcast the twitter to my TV which works out fine.

Best thing about those twitter games is the overly exuberant Spanish commentators trying to outdo one another .

I remember one game from a couple years back where the young guy was giving it his all in the first half and then got consigned to co-commentator for the second half and you could hear his displeasure as the other guy stepped up, showed off his accents and rolling r's and things :laughing:

Been hearing that Heber came into this season (and this restart) out of shape. Probably part of why he was MIA, but is also a starter in any circumstance. Bodes well, though, for when he regains fitness. I think he and Taty can be a great 1-2. Also, I'm pretty shocked that Chanot was beat out of his starting spot by Sands. Chanot is a top-10 to -15 CB in the league. Wonder if we'll try to move him with Seb as a cheap, serviceable CB option and some options already in the 6/8 spot.

INJURY REPORT:

Maxi and Seb = out
Mitri and Gideon = Questionable.

we may get to see Nico play some minutes. hope he has a huge impact.

Reactions: Jock and Shwafta
INJURY REPORT:

Maxi and Seb = out
Mitri and Gideon = Questionable.

we may get to see Nico play some minutes. hope he has a huge impact.
Someone better have enough impact to find the back of the net.

Been hearing that Heber came into this season (and this restart) out of shape. Probably part of why he was MIA, but is also a starter in any circumstance. Bodes well, though, for when he regains fitness. I think he and Taty can be a great 1-2. Also, I'm pretty shocked that Chanot was beat out of his starting spot by Sands. Chanot is a top-10 to -15 CB in the league. Wonder if we'll try to move him with Seb as a cheap, serviceable CB option and some options already in the 6/8 spot.

Has he lost his starting spot? It was one game in a congested schedule. If he doesn't start tonight, maybe we can say that.

I would guess we're looking at an XI of:

----Tati-Heber----
------Medina----
--Parks-Ring-Acevedo or Sands
Mata-Chanot-Callens-Tinnerholm

i'd prefer sands with nico. parks hasn't shown his usual quality. i wanna see what nico can do. i think having the extra defensive minded mid in sands is also important. ring can't do all the dirty work himself, try as he might. sands can more naturally drop into a back 5 if necessary too. if nico's vision is as good as his high light reel suggests, 2 D-mids protecting the back 4 and allowing nico to float and create would be the ideal, i think.

if parks can regain his form from last year then i'm all for it. but he hasn't been the same since his injury in dallas.

This is one of those games that I'm not looking forward to at all...
Orlando is sloppy and disorganized but they’re also opportunistic and will likely find the back of the net. We have to commit to playing aggressive today and finally get on the board. If we continue the slow buildup down the flanks it’s going to be a long day. We’re a one trick pony right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.