#MLSisBack - July 26 - Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if "Maxi out for rest of tournament" means "we're not making it past game 3" and then we did lmao

so I remember tweets saying he could be out for “weeks” but the when we played Orlando I watched the Spanish broadcast and they said when they interviewed maxi he said he would be ready in the second round should they go thru.
The way things were going technically they were right

Reactions: Shwafta
no, he needs his chance at revenge plus I don’t want gudi there since he has never played LB for us I don’t even know how the he’ll he is going to play. He May be worse as crazy as it sounds
Why am I feeling like Gudi and GMS are like flaming $100 bills you light cheap cigars with.

Why am I feeling like Gudi and GMS are like flaming $100 bills you light cheap cigars with.

GMS I have hope But Gudi I just don’t know and a knockout game I don’t want to find out because I don’t know coaching staff knows where to put him.
Same with nico sadly.

giphy.gif

I'm hoping they can pull something off today.

Reactions: 413Blue and adam
giphy.gif

I'm hoping they can pull something off today.
I woke up today and after I made coffee I already started thinking about the game tonight. How bizarre this experience of being a fan of a team. I’ve been Incredibly critical Of this team and yet before an hour had passed I’m thinking about tonight’s match. There is an anticipation like Christmas morning. The match is like one long unwrapping of a gift and when it’s over you either get what you want and are satisfied or disappointed and probably wish you didn’t get the gift at all.
Right now this team is like waiting for an Aunt and Uncle to show up later in the day who bring gifts your are pretty sure are going to suck but you hold out hope this year will be different. Surprise me NYCFC. Show up with something good.

TFC have never beaten a Ronny managed NYCFC team.

If we can start Maxi, Parks and Ring in the MF, I think we've got a shot. We've been anemic in the midfield and I think they give us our best chance at possessing and trying to control the game -- but is that how Ronny wants us to play? I'm not sure anymore. I do think we're just going to need our best individual talents out there to steal a goal. Isi, Mitri and Heber (if he can go 70'+), please, and let's not run our entire offense through our wing backs.

Reactions: JCMore
we're going 9 defenders and 2 forwards. cause he's gonna play us in a 3-5-2. cause ronnie gonna ronnie.

In the bracket challenge and Pick 6, I predicted Toronto wins. That's just where my head is on the match. We have scored 2 goals in 5 MLS games. We don't have a lot of movement in matches. The team looks lost at times, not knowing roles and responsibilities in the attack or defense. I don't think it will be a blowout, but I don't think we can do what we need to in order to win.

EDIT: Reading the Toronto FC subreddit, they really don't want to go to PKs and it would have a tied score after 90'. So maybe we just try for a 0-0 and hope for PKs? (We've never won a PK shootout, Cosmos 2015 and Orlando 2019 in US Open Cup).

Last edited:
i'm in the same boat. our play has not given me a lot of confidence. to be fair, i thought we played pretty decently vs philly in the first match. we moved the ball fairly well. BUT - we had the right players on the field and were in a formation we knew how to play. It was pretty obvious. We just couldn't finish and that was just bad luck and a man of the match performance from blake.

If we have the right guys on the field and a formation we know how to play, we might be ok. i hope we can shock everyone, including myself, and pull of a dominating win... but i just don't see it. not with ronnie. if dome were still around, i'd feel more confident. i have no confidence in ronnie yet.

Reactions: adam
Has Zelalam been injured, or did he just appear on the DL this match?

No illusions. I watched our 3 games. And I watched 2 of Torontos games. I'm feeling a 2-0 loss. It is hard to stomach because we have a talented roster. The only possible wild card is the intangible boost we might get feeling we got a second life. We'll just have to see how the team responds tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.