Nemanja Vidić To Nycfc?

He left for the money, which I can't fault him on. At Empoli he scored 6 goals in 35 games, at Parma it was 22 goals in 66 games. His best ever season has been in MLS. He was an average forward in Serie A. His contract was expiring and he had no offers from other teams in Italy, because he's a dime a dozen. And yes, I watch a lot of Serie A.

He wasn't a dime a dozen. He was better than that. There are tons of dime a dozen guys who don't get Italy Nat looks.

I think the greatest comparison here was Samir Nasri. He was a guy who was a rotation player on a very good UCL team. Nasri is also. Navas is another one. Giovinco could have played for Parma and been a star. He took the money here instead. We're better for it.

But he wasn't a bit player

Reactions: NYCFCP and Ohenry
It's funny how the phrase is thrown "a dime a dozen" ... It's a bit like saying Gonzalo Higuain or Dimaria were "a dime a dozen" when they played at Real Madrid.

Reactions: Kjbert
It's funny seeing people comparing Giovinco to Higauin or Di Maria. The latter two are in a class above Giovinco and wouldn't be considered a dime a dozen.

Reactions: Kjbert
He wasn't a dime a dozen. He was better than that. There are tons of dime a dozen guys who don't get Italy Nat looks.

I think the greatest comparison here was Samir Nasri. He was a guy who was a rotation player on a very good UCL team. Nasri is also. Navas is another one. Giovinco could have played for Parma and been a star. He took the money here instead. We're better for it.

Italy's forwards for the past few years have been the weakest crop they've produced in a long time. Zaza, Pelle, Okaka, even Eder, they had to bring in a couple Oriundi because they're so weak. Giovinco has managed 23 call ups for the senior team and scored one goal. In 53 games for all national sides he's scored 5 goals total. He was average in Italy. Quagliarella, who's known as a journeyman in Serie A has a better scoring record for the national team and his sides than Giovinco.

Comparing Giovinco to Nasri is unfair to Nasri. Giovinco did play for Parma and was wasn't a star. He had no other offers in Italy because he was like many other forwards already there. Let's be honest, if he was't a Juve product, or had played for Juve at all he wouldn't have had the same recognition. Why? Because he's average in Serie A, Higuain has score more goals this season than Giovinco did in 66 games. Higuain is a great player, Giovinco was not. I don't fault him for going where the money is. Toronto and the league are better for it, but let's not act like it he was some major player in Italy. He wasn't.

A ton of people that are average have gotten Italy call ups recently. The team is the worst it's been in a very long time.

Reactions: Kjbert and juventuz