Nemec Called Up Again

Villa and Mullins both have to go a full 90 because I don't believe we have another striker

A healthy Shelton starts. Poku has experience playing as a Striker. And McNamara plays in an advanced role anyway - the way Villa starts the game, playing off of nemec, McNamara could certainly play as a False 9 or a secondary striker.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he scores in that game against Macedonia

He has a track record of scoring goals for his national team and not scoring goals for his club (and I'm not only referring to NYCFC).

Reactions: Kjbert
I would have liked to have seen Nemec play against the Cosmos on turf. Maybe he doesn't have legs on grass, but maybe he does have them on turf.

I'd like to see Poku get some time up top.

I second that. He has a knack for moving the ball forward and I don't think he'd be afraid to shoot.

I also think Nemec will score and look like a totally different player then we've seen here.

I also think Nemec will score and look like a totally different player then we've seen here.
Yes, this. I think Nemec greatly benefits from having a good team around him. Not to say he's a bad player, because I do like him, but we're not exactly putting the ball where his forehead will be when he's headed for goal. Which is something that Lampard can do in his sleep six times a game, by the way.

Also, same with Mix. On the national team he's able to play up to his abilities when he's surrounded by good players. On our team *he's* the good player lifting the other around him up.

It'll be interesting to see our lineup for the next few games (Shelton will be out for a month IMO) without Nemec. Obviously Villa and Mullins will play but what about substitutions?

I would honestly like to see Poku up top, just for my own curiosity.

But they can always start with 2 strikers then go lone striker without wings...maybe a 4-5-1 or 4-1-4-1

but I'd actually prefer to see a 4-4-1-1 with Villa as the CF and Mix right behind as a 2nd striker. Use Mullins as a sub for either one.

Don't forget that Pablo Alvarez was playing as a Secondary Striker for a couple of games as well.

I would like to see Poku as a target man for a game or two. Why not? Let's see if he can hold up play. IF HE CAN, then he is a much better distributor than Nemec. Big deal when you consider Villa needs to be set up but can definitely finish if set up well.

Reactions: Andres Emilio Soto
We could just play 1 up top?

Of course, but I think many of believe that Villa can't do that right now. Not without service. He needs a partner to hold up play.

Yes, this. I think Nemec greatly benefits from having a good team around him. Not to say he's a bad player, because I do like him, but we're not exactly putting the ball where his forehead will be when he's headed for goal. Which is something that Lampard can do in his sleep six times a game, by the way.

Also, same with Mix. On the national team he's able to play up to his abilities when he's surrounded by good players. On our team *he's* the good player lifting the other around him up.

The only player we have seen that has the ability to cross the ball into the box is alvarez. Only problem we rarely play him and when we do we dont havr nemec to head it in.

Reactions: Kjbert
Nemec seems a lot like Amy Wambach, great for headers into the back of the net but terrible foot skills. There is discussion that USWMT should have Wambach come on in the 60'-70' in a close game for a 40 yard cross for a header for a goal. Even though she's one of the best 11 players, she's not part of the best team. Nemec seems to be the same way. If Villa/Mix/Khiry/Mullins/Etc. isn't working, try Nemec.