New Swag

Honestly, it was a 15 second conversation -- he didn't go too deeply into it. But said he came out with a much better understanding of what they're going for, in particular about the two players I mentioned. Raved about it, actually.
That makes me laugh that the coaches spend time on how to get Ballouchy more involved.

so i got these today !! My first NYCFC merchandise !!

thumb.aspx

thumb.aspx

thumb.aspx

thumb.aspx

They are All fantastic !!

That makes me laugh that the coaches spend time on how to get Ballouchy more involved.
If you have a player on the roster who you're not thinking "how does this person fit in", then you're not a good coach, and that player shouldn't be on the roster.

I'm sure they were thinking "How can Connor Brandt help us" a couple months ago. Because you have to.

If you have a player on the roster who you're not thinking "how does this person fit in", then you're not a good coach, and that player shouldn't be on the roster.

I'm sure they were thinking "How can Connor Brandt help us" a couple months ago. Because you have to.

Right, but the day of the match, right before it starts, is when you figure that out?

Right, but the day of the match, right before it starts, is when you figure that out?
I'm sorry, but I really don't understand your line of logic here.

An assistant explains the tactics to you -- it's not as if you're sitting in on a tactics session where the coaches are working out their gameplan for the day.

Sorry to be blunt, but some of you guys are just looking for things to moan about with this coaching staff. There are just and reasonable things to moan about, and then there's this.

Reactions: edurban and Gene
I am thinking of it in relation to the fact that, for most of the season, we haven't played the same formation or a consistent starting XI week to week. So the idea of arriving at the point where it's just 'adjusting tactics' is funny to me

Reviews are fantastic. Supposedly run a little small, but comfy as hell.. Homage has some really interesting stuff there.
they mentioned the sizing on the site, so I went XL to ensure it fits my sexy Dad Bod

I am thinking of it in relation to the fact that, for most of the season, we haven't played the same formation or a consistent starting XI week to week. So the idea of arriving at the point where it's just 'adjusting tactics' is funny to me
I don't know if that's true -- we've alternated between a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-4-2 diamond for most of the year. Most teams are comfortable operating in more than one formation, and formations often switch during a game.

The lack of a consistent eleven is due in no small role to injuries, a congested schedule, and adjusting to a brand new roster. I really don't know how you can criticize for that.

The "just adjusting tactics" thing, I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say there. This "chalk talk" session is not in any way something where they're working out tactics, adjusting them, whatever. They're explaining what they're trying to do to those who are interested. That's it.

I don't know if that's true -- we've alternated between a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-4-2 diamond for most of the year. Most teams are comfortable operating in more than one formation, and formations often switch during a game.

The lack of a consistent eleven is due in no small role to injuries, a congested schedule, and adjusting to a brand new roster. I really don't know how you can criticize for that.

The "just adjusting tactics" thing, I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say there. This "chalk talk" session is not in any way something where they're working out tactics, adjusting them, whatever. They're explaining what they're trying to do to those who are interested. That's it.

do you know how early before kick off this occurs and how long it lasts?, id be curious to go to a chalk talk

Wearing my new kicks for game day. They aren't official NYCFC gear, but when I saw the color combo and the fact that they are Lunar 7s, I couldn't pass them up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    990.3 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: doctorhoosier
do you know how early before kick off this occurs and how long it lasts?, id be curious to go to a chalk talk
They say you have to be there at 2 for a 4 PM kick, so I'm thinking "2 hours early, around a half hour to an hour". I'm signing up for the Columbus one - if you decide to go, let me know and we can grab a brew.

They say you have to be there at 2 for a 4 PM kick, so I'm thinking "2 hours early, around a half hour to an hour". I'm signing up for the Columbus one - if you decide to go, let me know and we can grab a brew.

but i may check out the next one, but do say how it went.

Reactions: doctorhoosier