New York City All The Way

I know this is probably consider hijacking the thread, but did anything ever happen w/ Roger Miret and the Disasters?
No, which is a shame because they wanted to do something. I sent an email to the fan services guy. Even talked to him over the phone. He never got back to me.

Even talked to him over the phone. He never got back to me.
Let me take a wild guess. Mike Quarino? I'm gonna go ahead and file that under "What else did we expect".

That's disappointing. Maybe somewhere down the road we can try and rekindle it. Even if not in an official NYCFC capacity.

Reactions: Kjbert
Let me take a wild guess. Mike Quarino? I'm gonna go ahead and file that under "What else did we expect".

That's disappointing. Maybe somewhere down the road we can try and rekindle it. Even if not in an official NYCFC capacity.

I don't remember his name.

Yeah, I suppose they had their reasons. I mean punk rock is a pretty niche genre. But then again, a lot of punk rockers like soccer for some reason.

I still think it would make a great chant though.

Reactions: einwindir
No, which is a shame because they wanted to do something. I sent an email to the fan services guy. Even talked to him over the phone. He never got back to me.

I kinda feel like this is what happened with that. We gave them an awesome punk anthem called "New York Belongs to Me" and they paid someone to write a squeaky clean version called "New York City All the Way."

I kinda feel like this is what happened with that. We gave them an awesome punk anthem called "New York Belongs to Me" and they paid someone to write a squeaky clean version called "New York City All the Way."
Maybe.

But I've said it before and I'll say it again: It's up for the fans to make up the club culture. The club doesn't have the right to impose a culture on us. So we can do whatever we like, in other words.

Reactions: Bronn FC and Kubah
The song certainly sounds like Tubthumping, but it is also reminiscent of one of the great new soccer songs of our time...

(which is frankly better than the one our club came up with)

Reactions: Kjbert
I haven't really wanted to throw my hat into the chant game, but I have always thought that it would be cool to have some that have NYC old school roots like a spin on some Tribe, RunDMC, Nas, Jay-Z lyrics. Would be easy to use a catchy hook, which would no doubt be easy for folks to remember, and would have some true NYC flavor. Can we kick it? Yes we can. It's tricky to score a goal, to score a goal on NYC, it's tricky . . . tricky, tricky, tricky, tricky. It's like that, and that's the way it is. It's a hard knock life, FOR YOU. Not saying any of these work, but I like the NYC flavor concept. And I do also like David Villa singing '90's songs in English.

based on your replies, do i DARE click that button to hear the sneak peak of the song. I am at work so i feel like i should wait till i get home in case my cringing goes extreme

Last edited:
based on your replies, do i DARE click that button to hear the sneak peak of the song. I am at work so i feel like i should wait till i get home in case my cringing goes extreme
qFNnOKIs6tBD2.gif

Reactions: Drainyoo and JayH
Your kids are going to love it until they turn 13 because teenagers hate everything and you will love it too because you love your kids. At least you're supposed to.
And I'm pretty sure 7 beers in, any song is the best ever.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
ok just heard it...lol, might as well put the original chumbawamba song. This feels like a cheap imitation that a local newscast does to promote their local affiliate channel.

but the bigger question is. Is this really necessary ? I mean sure many teams in europe have their actual club anthems/ songs. i dont think other MLS come up with this.

usually here some teams adopt actual songs to play in their stadiums during beginning of their games.

But i give credit to villa for doing this, shows he likes being here and wants to help the club get promoted/ known.

Dumb songs are a tradition of sport as much as institutionalized racism and owners lying about their financials.

It'll get an eye roll from me at the park, but this isn't a big deal. Of all the "cringe-worthy" sports videos, this is more professional than most.

Reactions: Paul
I'm going to go ahead and doubt that this will be the official anthem...for now. A city with a rich music history, one that birthed Hip Hop and Hardcore and this is what we get? I just refuse to believe it. I've been down with that New York Belongs to Me song since day one.

That said, not a huge deal. Most of the "anthems" of Premier League teams are even more cringeworthy than this haha

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders
If you record your own song with cheap musicians you don't have to pay royalties for playing it at the stadium all the time. It's a money move.

New York Belongs to Me should be blasted at all supporters events and outside the stadium until the team takes notice.

I haven't really wanted to throw my hat into the chant game, but I have always thought that it would be cool to have some that have NYC old school roots like a spin on some Tribe, RunDMC, Nas, Jay-Z lyrics. Would be easy to use a catchy hook, which would no doubt be easy for folks to remember, and would have some true NYC flavor. Can we kick it? Yes we can. It's tricky to score a goal, to score a goal on NYC, it's tricky . . . tricky, tricky, tricky, tricky. It's like that, and that's the way it is. It's a hard knock life, FOR YOU. Not saying any of these work, but I like the NYC flavor concept. And I do also like David Villa singing '90's songs in English.
If there's not a "Can I kick it? Yes you can!" call-response, Third Rail has failed us, and should be disbanded immediately.