New York City Fc And Yes Network Reach Multi-year Agreement

Does this mean that Joy has left Bein Sports?
It sounds like it, maybe he is going to be on yes and fox. His wife just had there second kid he looks like he is moving them for pm Miami to New York judging form his twitter feed and Instagram.

Also anyone else think this is a big deal? The producer they got was great at NBC sports coverage of MLS

DeMolina’s resume includes work at NBC Sports, CBS Sports Network, FOX Sports, FOX Sports West/PRIME TICKET, Showtime, Univision Sports and NHL Network. He spent 16 years at NBC Sports, where he won nine Emmy Awards and worked seven Olympics, two World Series, five League Championship Series, three MLB All-Star Games, three NBA Finals and five Stanley Cup Finals. Most recently, he has been coordinating producer of CBS Sports/CBS Sports Network’s Professional Bull Riders coverage and has also been producing college hockey telecasts on CBS Sports Network. In addition, DeMolina has produced Los Angeles Kings and Anaheim Ducks game telecasts as a freelancer for FOX Sports West/PRIME TICKET since 2010. From 2011 to 2013, he produced Mexican National Team and Mexican League Soccer telecasts on Univision Sports.

from 2012 to 2013, had been the primary director for NBC Sports Network’s MLS coverage

Last edited:
I was a little disappointed that they said the Philly game on the 11th would be on delay after Yankees-Redsox. I presumed they'd create a roll over channel ala MSG 2 or whatever if there was Yankees-NYCFC schedule conflict.

Reactions: Kjbert
I was a little disappointed that they said the Philly game on the 11th would be on delay after Yankees-Redsox. I presumed they'd create a roll over channel ala MSG 2 or whatever if there was Yankees-NYCFC schedule conflict.

Some assumed we would be on MY-9 when Yankees game were in the same time slot on YES. Not like there showing anything important, but looks like were gonna have to deal with tape delays for now which stinks.

it will be live on MLS Live

thought YES had excellent coverage coverage today though
Has anyone seen any place where I could see the YES broadcast, or at least parts of it. Unfortunately MLSlive went with the CRapids broadcast today. I mainly want to see see the graphics and hear a little bit of the booth people.

Has anyone seen any place where I could see the YES broadcast, or at least parts of it. Unfortunately MLSlive went with the CRapids broadcast today. I mainly want to see see the graphics and hear a little bit of the booth people.
Graphics were minimally intrusive, and booth was great. P by p guy, tolleson (?), had a nice clean voice, good with telling what's going on, and the color guy lan joy was great. Scottish accent, neither stood out for anything negative.

Graphics were minimally intrusive, and booth was great. P by p guy, tolleson (?), had a nice clean voice, good with telling what's going on, and the color guy lan joy was great. Scottish accent, neither stood out for anything negative.
Tolleson was good, I agree. I don't know if he's had much soccer in his background, but he seemed to know when to get excited and knew important passes, fouls, etc. Don't really like Joy. I think it may the be accent, which makes him a bit hard to understand, but some of the things he said seemed a little forced. But I'd still say the broadcast quality was high.

Tolleson was good, I agree. I don't know if he's had much soccer in his background, but he seemed to know when to get excited and knew important passes, fouls, etc. Don't really like Joy. I think it may the be accent, which makes him a bit hard to understand, but some of the things he said seemed a little forced. But I'd still say the broadcast quality was high.
Tolleson has a big soccer background, I believe he was the original Metrostars announcer and did a lot of red bulls games as well as their pre/post game show occasionally.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I thought it was better than the Unimas broadcasts we've had this year for the simple fact that they didn't feel the need to constantly tell us what channel we were watching and how exciting it is. Tolleson was good. I also liked Joy, though he was just bordering on annoying, over the top homerism, but that's fairly standard for MLS broadcasts. The only bit I didn't like was when they went down to the sideline reporter to talk about Mastroeni's moustache. Leave that for the baseball games.

Wait, so this game won't be shown live on TV??? You're kidding.