New York City Fc And Yes Network Reach Multi-year Agreement

They said that they will broadcast every MLS games that aren't nation games. If they are ESPN or Fox sports games then they won't be blacked out. I don't know if Yes will air US open games or CCL Games. I'm guessing we are getting a studio pre and post game show and maybe another Soccer based program like the Yankees Magazine, Nets Magazine and inside city.

The schedule on yes

http://web.yesnetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20150107&content_id=105825110&oid=0

Also remember
Under the partnership, the YES Network, the pre-eminent regional sports network in the country, has acquired the rights to televise all New York City FC home and away regular season matches. YES' match telecasts will be presented by Etihad Airways and sponsored by New York Presbyterian Hospital and Tri-State Ford Dealers. The network will televise New York City FC matches within its traditional service area: throughout New York State and Connecticut; north and central New Jersey; and northeastern Pennsylvania.

http://web.yesnetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20141218&content_id=104390598&oid=0

Last edited:
All MLS games are broadcasted either nationally, locally and/or on MLS subscription. The only problem will be watching games live at home when NYC is home. They have blackouts.

I meant more with YES for the local market. Haha not paying for the MLS subscription.

I live in Virginia, so there will be games that will not be televised that I do not want to miss. Is there a way I can watch the NYCFC games on the Yes Network streamed over the internet? Or is there another way I can watch games?

I live in Virginia, so there will be games that will not be televised that I do not want to miss. Is there a way I can watch the NYCFC games on the Yes Network streamed over the internet? Or is there another way I can watch games?
Aside form getting DirecTV, I'm not aware of anything.

Stream. I had the direct kick package or whatever before. It was like $50 for the full year.

I've heard WatchESPN will have the games this year or next, so it might be totally free (or included in your cable payment).

I know that YES Network has a package that allows you to watch every Yankee game, but I'm not sure if they'd do that for NYCFC

Reactions: Kjbert
I had to look up Phil Schoen clips IDK why he'll be bad. He is better then the red bull guys.

Listen to him do a complete game, far too often he goes off talking about irrelevant things, or he's talking about players/games in different leagues that are also irrelevant. I watch a lot of Serie A on beIN Sports, where Phil is one of the lead announcers, he messes up so much it's not even funny anymore.

Reactions: Paul
Listen to him do a complete game, far too often he goes off talking about irrelevant things, or he's talking about players/games in different leagues that are also irrelevant. I watch a lot of Serie A on beIN Sports, where Phil is one of the lead announcers, he messes up so much it's not even funny anymore.
He does alright

But his partner would be a no as an analyst. He is like a lot of European soccer analyst I have seen they don't really talk about what is happening in the game they try to just pass it off with flowery language. I wouldn't have a problem with him if they paired him with an actual analyst.

Picks on ESPN FC he is for the most part retired.

BTW I watched this recently and I think he is 100% on point the play-by-play and analyst need to be on point and most soccer announcers aren't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
But his partner would be a no as an analyst. He is like a lot of European soccer analyst I have seen they don't really talk about what is happening in the game they try to just pass it off with flowery language. I wouldn't have a problem with him if they paired him with an actual analyst.

Phil's partner is Ray Hudson, a former MLS head coach. I think he even won the Supporters Shield one year. He is also the most annoying soccer commentator in the history of the world.

Reactions: juventuz and Kjbert
Should be John and Suzyn.

AAAAAnnnd the kick, ITS A GOAL, no its over the bar, suzyn.

Jawn, I was talking to Mix in the showah, he just loves being here in new yawk, jawn...

NO DOUBT ABOUT THIS ONE Suzyn, Khiry Shelton! Hearts are meltin! For Khiry Shelton!

Jawn, he just loves playing here in hew yawk, jawn...

"You're in the Mix... Diskerud"
"It is fast....it is hard...it....is......A GOAL"
"Ryan Meara Smeara's the ball for a save"

David hit one through his Villa! (or something stupid like that)

Ok, NYCFC games now have 2 channels it can spill over two PIX and MY9 now so we could get the Yankees on YES, the Nets on PIX and NYC on MY9. All produced by YES.

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene