New York City Fc Combine January 5th-7th

This is not open, only a select few were invited and as you can see no information has been released on twitter or anywhere from the club.

For those that don't want to click on that link (or are afraid that it will disappear off the website like me) here it is:

New York City FC held a private combine today at the NBC Sports Group Complex in Stamford, Connecticut. The combine will continue tomorrow(Tuesday) and will conclude on Wednesday of this week. Most of the NYCFC staff were in attendance: Jason Kreis, Miles Joseph, Claudio Reyna as well as others. The majority of the 32 players invited are currently college students. They participated in general combine drills and well as mini-games. A lot of details from the combine were held under wraps due to the combine being behind closed doors. The top two players today were unnamed but one was from the US and the other was an international player. I am attempting to give you, the fans, as much information as much possible without stepping on the toes of the club. Come back here and on twitter, @NYCFCWatch, for combine updates throughout the week.

UPDATE DAY 2: New York City FC held day two of its 3-day private combine today. The same 32 players that participated yesterday did so again today. One player, based on his performance from the past two days, was officially invited to participate in NYCFC's preseason. Another player is on the verge of that offer per my source. Of those two players, one is a striker and the other a goalkeeper. On a side note, and this is not unexpected, NYCFC is working on gaining an United Soccer Leagues(USL) affiliate . It is possible that a select few from this combine will have the opportunity to sign with NYCFC and play for this USL affiliate. Tomorrow will be the final day of the combine and I am sure I will have more news and notes posted right here.

Love that they are playing in Stamford. I think that's a natural spot for a future training facility and USL PRO side.

I saw on Twitter that Mike Grella (formerly of Leeds currently of Carolina) and RJ Allen, young American who left Monmouth early for Denmark, are trailing with NYCFC. Must be at the combine, right?

Anyone see a crazy bearded man there?

BtPVgIaCQAEpbM4.png

Meaning you didn't get a scoop, you didn't get out to it or there wasn't quality players there?

Reactions: Kjbert
The same 32 players that showed up on Monday played on Tuesday and Wednesday. I was told all week that a goalkeeper and a striker stood out all three days. There was talk of the NYCFC B team and the striker getting invited to preseason. Really the only thing that came out of day three was that the goalkeeper did not impress enough to get invited to preseason and as of this week is no longer training with NYCFC.

The same 32 players that showed up on Monday played on Tuesday and Wednesday. I was told all week that a goalkeeper and a striker stood out all three days. There was talk of the NYCFC B team and the striker getting invited to preseason. Really the only thing that came out of day three was that the goalkeeper did not impress enough to get invited to preseason and as of this week is no longer training with NYCFC.

If two players stood out, and one of those subsequently did not do enough, should we read that to mean that only one of these players was actually good enough to be invited to preseason?

Reactions: einwindir
If two players stood out, and one of those subsequently did not do enough, should we read that to mean that only one of these players was actually good enough to be invited to preseason?
Only one player was invited to preseason that I know of.

Was that goalie this guy?

http://www.mlssoccer.com/sideline/n...keeper-proposes-flash-mob-middle-times-square

Murdoch, 28, has played for several Scottish clubs, including Dunfermline Athletic, Hamilton Academical and Hibernian. After leaving Hibernian at the end of the 2014 season, his Twitter profile says he is "currently training with New York City FC,"

Reactions: Kjbert
The goalkeeper I am referring to was not this player. I did not want to answer this because answering and saying no without revealing the player is a tease but I cannot say more because of the players wishes.