New York City Fc Sign Colombian Midfielder Javier Calle

It's a loan so he doesn't occupy a DP slot due to transfer cost.

I like the loan in this situation. Calle was recomended by CFG scouts and Kreis and company briefly go to see him. This is a low risk, high reward loan. If he is a bust, we just send him back. If he is a hit then we buy him for a little over $1m, sign him to a long contract and use allocation money to buy him under the DP line.

I spoke to someone very, very close to Calle/the situation and they said that even if NYCFC buy him that he will likely not be a DP, especially with the new CBA agreement.

I like the loan in this situation. Calle was recomended by CFG scouts and Kreis and company briefly go to see him. This is a low risk, high reward loan. If he is a bust, we just send him back. If he is a hit then we buy him for a little over $1m, sign him to a long contract and use allocation money to buy him under the DP line.

I spoke to someone very, very close to Calle/the situation and they said that even if NYCFC buy him that he will likely not be a DP, especially with the new CBA agreement.
I wonder if they raise the DP line with the new CBA?

Reactions: Kjbert

Yep, I'd have to agree that the reason it's a loan is because it gives us the option to reject the transfer if he doesn't work out. Evidently his club was willing to agree the loan where perhaps other clubs with other players we acquired were not.