New York City Fc Surpass 15,000 Season Tickets For Season; Open 400 Level At Yankee Stadium

Let's take a look at 2014...
Highest home attendance
League: 7,906
(April 13 v. Atlanta)
All: 9,364
(June 14 v. Red Bulls)
Lowest home attendance
League: 3,091
(May 12 v. Minnesota)
All: 1,851
(May 28 v. Brooklyn at Belson Stadium)
Average home league attendance
League: 4,835
All: 5,028

Well how about 2013?
Highest home attendance
11,929 vs. FTL (3 August)
Lowest home attendance
5,409 vs. CAR (12 October)
Average home league attendance

How am I way off? As for who shows up or doesn't... when has that mattered? Knicks, Nets and Yankees always "sell out" and how many empty seats do they have?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_New_York_Cosmos_season
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_New_York_Cosmos_season

I think you're reading the charts wrong. They only had three solid days. One in the 6k range, one in the 7k range and topped out at 8,500. The rest were all in the 4,500-3,500 range.

As I've mentioned a couple of times previously, I've been checking TM constantly just to see how many tickets are being sold for this match. I'm not sure what to make of this, but while going through the paces of picking up a pair I just got a message that due to "higher traffic than usual" my wait for tickets will be 10 minutes........have no idea if that's for TM across the board or just this match.

As a side note (and out of curiosity) does anyone know if any sports teams have a particular formula that figures out how many "walk up" sales they can expect the day of a game? Seems like that's a variable that's not getting much consideration when discussing attendance.

I just checked Ticketmaster. I tried to buy two seats in the best possible location. It offered me Section 427, Row 4.

On StubHub, there are only 419 tickets for resale, which is down from over 600 a couple days ago. Nearly everything in the first two levels is over $100. The 300 seats have a few in the $60-75 range, mostly behind home plate. Tickets are available in the 400 level in sections 427-430 and 432A and B.

So, to summarize... Approximately 72 hours before game time, all seats through 300 level are sold out. The resale market is tight, with seats going well above face and supplies dwindling.

This morning, Ticketmaster's best two seats are Section 424, Row 9. StubHub is close to the same as yesterday, with 409 tickets for sale and prices about the same level above face value.

Reactions: Gene