New York Yankees

T

True Blue

As of today, the Yankees are 5 games out of the second wild card spot. What do you think their chances are of making the playoffs?

I say good. Pineda and Tanaka coming back will be a boost for them

I say good. Pineda and Tanaka coming back will be a boost for them
A friend of mine that is a personal trainer said that Tanaka will require surgery. He may not be back or effective when he returns.

According to one of the more respected stat sites, our chance of making the playoffs is hovering around 5% right now. Unfortunately I just don't think this team is good enough to close the gap and pass 3 teams to get into the wild card spot, and over the last week the division has gone pretty much out of play for us. It's ok though because A-Rod is back next year :D

According to one of the more respected stat sites, our chance of making the playoffs is hovering around 5% right now. Unfortunately I just don't think this team is good enough to close the gap and pass 3 teams to get into the wild card spot, and over the last week the division has gone pretty much out of play for us. It's ok though because A-Rod is back next year :D
With all due respect, I am not a fan of ARod. If he plays for the Yankees next season, he may help, but won't make much of a difference.

With all due respect, I am not a fan of ARod. If he plays for the Yankees next season, he may help, but won't make much of a difference.
I know, he sucks, hence the big grin lol.
The worst day in modern Yankees history was the day the players union rejected the trade of A-Rod from Texas to Boston. Just days later, we had A-Rod and it's been downhill since then.

I know, he sucks, hence the big grin lol.
The worst day in modern Yankees history was the day the players union rejected the trade of A-Rod from Texas to Boston. Just days later, we had A-Rod and it's been downhill since then.
Why did the players union reject the trade?

If I remember correctly, I believe A-Rod had accepted a pay cut in the deal and the PA rejected it based on that.
Now that you mention it, that does sound familiar. Considering that ARod was suspended without pay this season, he should be really happy now. :)

Anyone go to the game last night? NYCFC had some sort of promotion with giveaways and I was curious to see how it went.

Did I say it was?

Im not arguing with you, im just saying if it was a home game i dont think yankees would have given up the home field. as well as im sure the Rays had some kind of a say in the matter.

ETA: i also dont think the yankees hate us i just think they put themselves first which to me is totally understandable.

Yeah of course in the comments section on the article I read (I think it was Newsday) some Yankee fan says "Kick em out it's YANKEE Stadium) when someone brought up us having a game as a possible factor in the decision to play at CITI.

You know when I talk to Yankee people about NYCFC a lot of them give me this blank stare it's like Soccer is so beneath baseball . WTH ??

Reviving this old dinosaur given the big, interesting question after last night’s fiasco in Tampa.

What the fuck do they do about Gary Sanchez?

For his first couple of seasons, he was a monster - the Kraken! This season, the only thing he is destroying is the Yankees chance of winning the East and perhaps his own confidence. He is batting .188 with an OPS of .699, and if that’s not bad enough, his defense has always been a liability.

The Yankees were sticking with him to maintain his confidence, but then... last night.

In the first inning, Sanchez allowed a passed ball with a guy on 2nd - bad enough, but then he was lazy running the ball down and let the runner score. In the ninth inning it got even worse. Sanchez came up with the Yankees down 1, 2 outs, bases loaded. He hit a ground ball to 2nd, Aaron Hicks beat the throw to 2nd, but Sanchez didn’t run hard to 1st and got thrown out. Game over. He runs hard there, he probably beats the throw and the game is tied.

So, what do you do? Based on his play, he doesn’t deserve to start; he probably doesn’t even deserve to be on the team since the guy at AAA is very good. But if you send him down, it looks like a punishment, and what does that do to his confidence? On the other hand, his confidence seems shot anyway, and he is going to get booed every time up from here on out.

Decisions, decisions.