Now Accepting New Members Online!

BToto920 BToto920 I think it's more about what needs to be communicated - I've been a member for over 2 months and none of the emails were about the meetings, what's being discussed, and what's been decided on - that's really important for satellite members or those that find it difficult to make it to meetings to be in the loop and feel like an active member of the SG

For instance, if there are ~1,600 members and only 50 make it to the meeting, that's a lot of opinions not weighing in when potential key decisions are being made - if a newsletter is sent out before a meeting maybe include a Google form or something to gauge the feelings of a larger group

Trust me, I'm not coming down on you personally - I appreciate you even fielding listening and responding - it's just how I've been feeling since I'm one of those people that find it difficult to make it to the meetings and I feel detached

Reactions: Paul
LostAnvil LostAnvil Thank you for your insight. In all honesty, there really hasn't been any "potential key decisions" that are being voted on. Honestly, since the scarf vote which was way back when, there hasn't been anything to vote on.

That is about to change. In the newsletter that is about to come out, a board member has stepped down. He has been there since the beginning and we are going to vote for his replacements. We are asking members to submit their intent to run and their experience with the position requirements. Once we receive the candidates, they will give a speech and try to garner votes and then the member pool will vote.

This is all over the course of some time, but we would like to move fairly quickly with this process. I am not going to provide details here as to the position, but look to your emails in the next few days for all of that information.

BToto920 BToto920 The decisions don't have to be big ones to make a member feel more involved - like ideas about songs, tifos, and things like that - I get what you're saying, though, so thank you for the constructive conversation

LostAnvil LostAnvil I do appreciate this conversation. A lot of the song and tifo discussions happen on Facebook. There are a few groups there that people have open conversations on. The songs that are discussed in there are then sung at the meetings. There really isn't a vote.

We will attempt to recap the meetings a little better to let people know what is going on.

LostAnvil LostAnvil I do appreciate this conversation. A lot of the song and tifo discussions happen on Facebook. There are a few groups there that people have open conversations on. The songs that are discussed in there are then sung at the meetings. There really isn't a vote.

We will attempt to recap the meetings a little better to let people know what is going on.
Yeah I'm someone just is just signing up and I have Facebook I just never use it. Would be cool if you guys have those conversations here as well, or maybe recap here for those of us who don't go to Facebook.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
The only issue, not that it is such a large issue, is that not everyone here is a TR member. If we are going to discuss the tifo or songs or other stuff, we do not necessarily want to discuss that info with non-members.

I will try to share information here as much as possible, but some stuff is "confidential".

Reactions: Goodfella

Thank you kindly - I'll try and check FB more.

For an older guy, I know my way around the Facebook, but every time I check the third rail page, it is inside jokes and memes, I've seen very little discussion of actual group business.

I have kids, so getting to the city for a meeting is nigh impossible, but I am happy to support you guys monetarily. I think, like you mentioned before, better moderation keeping people on topic would go a long way.

Sorry. I misread your post.

We are working very hard to clean up that group. You aren't the only person to be offended by some things that are being posted there. We have added a few new admins into the group and will be presenting a code of conduct shortly. People will be kicked out of the group if they do not follow those rules.

Again, we know we have made mistakes in the past and are putting measures in place to improve.

Thanks guys for putting in all this hard work to provide these platforms for communication! It's great!

There is no 2015 membership card.

2015 Third Rail Membership
We are pleased to offer 2015 membership in the Third Rail, the first Independent, recognized Supporters Group for New York City FC. Join 1,500 of your fellow New York soccer fans as we prepare for the inaugural season! - (Membership card not included)

Via the item page at Upper 90.