NYCFC 2021 MLS Cup Champions

View attachment 11802
Um, no playoff goals? WTF?
Yeah,WTF is right. That is an incomplete “all goals 2021”
It was great fun watching without agonizing over some of the final score lines.
Hard to choose a favorite.
The Keaton header and legendary Thiago coast to coast goal in that RBA D.C. game are two of my favs.
Also Love The Callens header.
Taty rocket against Miami late in the season was the kind of goal I envisioned seeing a lot of when I first saw Taty in 2018.

Some thoughts aside from goals:
Medina and Shradi were crucial for us early in the year. Watching this made me realize how much I’m gonna miss Shradi and, if you can believe it… yes, the one and only- Medina, the Jesus.

Thank goodness Maxi is coming back. Hope we have someone he can pass the baton to. Get giddy watching that delivery to Malte.
Thiago looked really special early on.

Too bad the team can’t defend the title with Shradi, Jesus, Sands, Gudi… and (I guess) Taty.

What a magical year it was.

Happy New Year Champions!

Um, no playoff goals? WTF?
Last night I was channel surfing and came across FS2 which was playing a re-run of our playoff game with New England. I happened to catch it with seconds left in overtime. I decided to keep watching just to revisit the excitement of that shootout.
They came back from commercial with a different match, never showing the shootout.

Amateurs!

giphy.gif

club got your back

Watching this, such a treat.

Got me thinking. I believe our team has had 3 consistent and recognizable goal celebrations.
1. Maxi's spiderman
2. Heber's surfs up
3. Taty's face frame

I would very much enjoy watching Magno's dance on a regular basis in the future.

Got me thinking. I believe our team has had 3 consistent and recognizable goal celebrations.
1. Maxi's spiderman
2. Heber's surfs up
3. Taty's face frame

I would very much enjoy watching Magno's dance on a regular basis in the future.
Magno and Thiago dancing together is a huge treat

1. Maxi's spiderman
2. Heber's surfs up
3. Taty's face frame

It didn't happen often, but Matarrita and Wallace had their little Tico dance as well.
ETA:
giphy.gif

Last edited: