NYCFC 2021 MLS Cup Champions

Talles and Thiago are incredibly fun. This goes back to something that Trey Fillmore from Blue Balls has said that I think is incredibly important.

The way this roster has been constructed has been so smart. Even to how they've paired young signings together. Cacha and Santi both super young and Uruguayan. Talles and Thiago both super young and Brazilian. Helps make things less "foreign" for those guys, especially considering how young they are.

Also, I fucking love Tayvon so much. His "analysis" on Callens there was fantastic

Sweet video. Damn I got emotional when Sean and Maxi hugged in the locker room before the match. I said it many times but I’ll say it again. It was a special team. Hard not to feel a bit sad as the changes to the squad have started. It’s happening too quickly. I was talking to my daughter this evening about Shradi and the probability that Medina won’t come back… she told me to stop talking about it cause it was too upsetting. I can’t imagine how she’s gonna feel if Taty and Sands go abroad and Maxi doesn’t come back. She wants HER team. Being a sports fan is such a bizarre experience. It’s irrational and really kind of silly but a season like we just had with this team feels so damn good. Again, I was so friggin lucky to go to Portland with my daughter. I can’t imagine I’ll ever have a better experience as a fan in my life. That stadium was rocking and being surrounded by so many passionate NYCFC fans in that environment was just phenomenal.
The trip was pretty arduous as far as distance coupled with time and when I got back I told my wife it was too much and I wouldn’t do it again. After watching the video and typing this out I think I may have spoken too soon.

Sweet video. Damn I got emotional when Sean and Maxi hugged in the locker room before the match. I said it many times but I’ll say it again. It was a special team. Hard not to feel a bit sad as the changes to the squad have started. It’s happening too quickly. I was talking to my daughter this evening about Shradi and the probability that Medina won’t come back… she told me to stop talking about it cause it was too upsetting. I can’t imagine how she’s gonna feel if Taty and Sands go abroad and Maxi doesn’t come back. She wants HER team. Being a sports fan is such a bizarre experience. It’s irrational and really kind of silly but a season like we just had with this team feels so damn good. Again, I was so friggin lucky to go to Portland with my daughter. I can’t imagine I’ll ever have a better experience as a fan in my life. That stadium was rocking and being surrounded by so many passionate NYCFC fans in that environment was just phenomenal.
The trip was pretty arduous as far as distance coupled with time and when I got back I told my wife it was too much and I wouldn’t do it again. After watching the video and typing this out I think I may have spoken too soon.
Nothing like the first!! But I agree. Depending on where it ends up in the future, if we make a final again, I would probably go.

Reactions: moogoo
Another thing about the trip -

It would have been amazing to win at Yankee Stadium. I wish every NYCFC fan had a chance to be there. But damn, there's a little something extra about celebrating with a large but heavily outnumbered contingent in the other team's building and city. I gotta say. It was sweet. Not that I went around calling everyone losers or lording it over them. But what happened happened, and everyone knew.

Last edited:
Another thing about the trip -

It would have been amazing to win at Yankee Stadium. I wish every NYCFC fan had a chance to bethere. But damn, there's a little something extra about celebrating with a large but heavily outnumbered contingent in the other team's building and city. I gotta say. It was sweet. Not that I went around calling everyone losers or lording it over them. But what happened happened, and everyone knew.
And there's something even sweeter about it happening when the other team's on the cusp of winning or feels like they have a chance.

It's why I wish I went to New England.
It's why I went to Philly.
It's why I went to Portland.

Just a feeling that's so hard and probably even impossible to describe.