NYCFC 2021 MLS Cup Champions

"Dad, why do you keep watching highlights of the Portland game?"

You'll figure it out when you're older, son...

your reply should have been "remember when you wouldn't stop watching/listening to <insert movie/song here that he listened to forever on repeat driving you crazy (e.g., frozen, babyshark, etc)>"

I also like Santi's celebration where he runs with his arms out sideways for a bit. It reminds me of like a hawk or eagle, idk why. (see NE goal)

your reply should have been "remember when you wouldn't stop watching/listening to <insert movie/song here that he listened to forever on repeat driving you crazy (e.g., frozen, babyshark, etc)>"
Speaking of rewatching the cup… I was watching again and was up to the 70th minute or so but ESPN+ no longer has it on demand. Anybody know where I can get a copy of the match?

Reactions: Victors87
I still can't believe that happened. I found myself watching clips the other night, reliving it from where I was at Hammerstein. I don't care how many Cups this team wins in my lifetime, I'll never forget this one. Could not have been more magical.
Same. Every time I watch videos from it, I go back to those specific moments from each game and the feeling I felt about the team. Incredible stuff

they are trying so hard to give a shit about MLS lol. "New York City sports club"

You can tell he didn't do any prep for the segment because he just ask a variation of "how exciting was it?" until the four minutes is mercifully filled.

Still, great publicity and notoriety for us and MLS. Rather have this than have nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: moogoo and Shwafta
Having been there, along with Lion, I can say that we were very well treated by everyone in Manchester. They were very respectful and curious about how things were going in NYC. They set up a bunch of special things for us to do - not least of which was actually getting down on the pitch to present the trophy. It was a first class operation all the way around.

I was on a trip with my son - special (and delayed) for his 13th birthday. The whole point was to make some memories, and thanks to the Third Rail, we made more than we had bargained for!

p.s. That segment was the 3rd or 4th time that Andrew (Third Rail President) was interviewed that day. He did a terrific job. The questions, I think, were not so much because the interviewer was not knowledgable, but the audience certainly weren't, for the most part.

Having been there, along with Lion, I can say that we were very well treated by everyone in Manchester. They were very respectful and curious about how things were going in NYC. They set up a bunch of special things for us to do - not least of which was actually getting down on the pitch to present the trophy. It was a first class operation all the way around.

I was on a trip with my son - special (and delayed) for his 13th birthday. The whole point was to make some memories, and thanks to the Third Rail, we made more than we had bargained for!

p.s. That segment was the 3rd or 4th time that Andrew (Third Rail President) was interviewed that day. He did a terrific job. The questions, I think, were not so much because the interviewer was not knowledgable, but the audience certainly weren't, for the most part.

It's really great to hear this experience was so good. Seems like the team has really been getting things right lately with stuff like this, the experience surrounding last postseason, etc. Hoping it continues.

It's really great to hear this experience was so good. Seems like the team has really been getting things right lately with stuff like this, the experience surrounding last postseason, etc. Hoping it continues.
It's a great example of what I try to tell people about this Club and this league. You can get access to experiences that you just don't get anywhere else. We were down on the pitch at the Etihad! We got a special spot to watch the players enter the stadium. We got to pose with the MLS Cup at the airport, before the game, and at halftime. I could go on and on. The price for all this was essentially just showing up.

The whole point of the trip with my son was to build some memories. We got more than we bargained for. In addition to this trip, he's also walked out with the players and attended an autograph session and gotten some nice free swag. It's been terrific as a dad to see him experiencing all this.