Nycfc Aquires International Roster Spot From Dc United

Very interesting... Now we have 9 spots. I would assume this has to do with the MCFC transfers.

Reactions: Kjbert
what exactly does this mean?

Each team is given 8 international slots. This is used for players who don't have citizenship here. For instance, lampard and villa take up international slots. Teams are free to sell their international slots because they are divided up amongst the teams. So 20 teams= 160 slots between everyone. This means we know have 9 slots to use.

hope that helps a bit.

Each team is given 8 international slots. This is used for players who don't have citizenship here. For instance, lampard and villa take up international slots. Teams are free to sell their international slots because they are divided up amongst the teams. So 20 teams= 160 slots between everyone. This means we know have 9 slots to use.

hope that helps a bit.
so that means we can have 9 foreign players. so villa +lamps= 2. 9-2=7. we can fill 7more slots with foreign players right?

Reactions: Kjbert
so that means we can have 9 foreign players. so villa +lamps= 2. 9-2=7. we can fill 7more slots with foreign players right?

yessir. If they don't have citizenship or a green card then they count against it. This is used to help make sure American players get playing time basically. But when you buy a slot, you get it for x amount of years.. I believe this one is two years.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
yessir. If they don't have citizenship or a green card then they count against it. This is used to help make sure American players get playing time basically. But when you buy a slot, you get it for x amount of years.. I believe this one is two years.
Can slots be renewed?