Nycfc Coaching Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason Kreis didn't have any head coaching experience or any ties to RSL when he went there, either. There's just no need to get upset about it, yet.

Some reasons to remain calm:
1. It hasn't happened.
2. If it does, we don't know how it will turn out.
3. It would be impossible to look any more tactically inept than we did this year.

I understand your point, but I am just not that bothered by it. MC is a club that's light years beyond us right now, so I don't see a problem in picking through their scraps for some help from players and/or staff. We don't have to re-invent the wheel. We have a blueprint right here via the sister club. Seems like MC fans think very, very highly of Vieira. If CFG are sending us their best people outside the first team, I don't see how that's anything other than an indication of how much they want our club to succeed and deliver more wins and a more appealing brand of soccer.

my issue is say viera does well next year ( i dont know wins US open cup and makes playoffs or something) and what is stopping him from going back to Man city to be pelligrini's assitant or get another first team job in the premier league/ championship? were in square one again. thats why I was ok with giving Kreis one more year.

To be fair though, those two things aren't mutually exclusive.
Not true. In some fuzzy overall sense, yes, barely, maybe. And certainly with respect to some events. But there will be specific decisions that have to be made about player loans, etc., and to think the interests can align perfectly n all instances is fantasy. At some point you have to decide, are we running NYCFC for NYCFC or for the overseas masters?

Yeah exactly and NYCFC denied it not CFG which is where this decision is coming from.
How comfortable are you really that MCFC is clearly making personnel decisions for our club?

At some point you have to decide, are we running NYCFC for NYCFC or for the overseas masters?
Don't mean to be rude, but don't we already have enough evidence to be pretty clear on that debate?

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
Jason Kreis didn't have any head coaching experience or any ties to RSL when he went there, either. There's just no need to get upset about it, yet.

Some reasons to remain calm:
1. It hasn't happened.
2. If it does, we don't know how it will turn out.
3. It would be impossible to look any more tactically inept than we did this year.

I understand your point, but I am just not that bothered by it. MC is a club that's light years beyond us right now, so I don't see a problem in picking through their scraps for some help from players and/or staff. We don't have to re-invent the wheel. We have a blueprint right here via the sister club. Seems like MC fans think very, very highly of Vieira. If CFG are sending us their best people outside the first team, I don't see how that's anything other than an indication of how much they want our club to succeed and deliver more wins and a more appealing brand of soccer.
Nick Chavez hacked Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan's account.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
my issue is say viera does well next year ( i dont know wins US open cup and makes playoffs or something) and what is stopping him from going back to Man city to be pelligrini's assitant or get another first team job in the premier league/ championship? were in square one again. thats why I was ok with giving Kreis one more year.
If he's a head man, he ain't leaving for an assistant position. Maybe he takes over off-field duties as well. With us getting a true academy going, he might accidentally love the control he could be given due to the trust he has earned from CFG brass.

I feel like people are of two minds:
"Don't treat us like a farm team and send us people who aren't ready for top four league football."
"We're not big enough to keep a Euro-based talent if he does well."

If you feel like a minor league club supporter, then that's what you'll be. Let's say he does a great job and gets an offer for a top 4 job. We know he wouldn't be leaving for some shit storm of a club, simply because it would be a big step down in quality of employer and a big step up in risk if he's already built a high quality set up here for NYC. He'd likely only leave voluntarily for a club where he feels success is somewhat imminent, ie, top 4 Europa level.

Don't you think that we'd then have quite a deeper pool of interested candidates if we are a launching pad for such a job?

If he's a head man, he ain't leaving for an assistant position. Maybe he takes over off-field duties as well. With us getting a true academy going, he might accidentally love the control he could be given due to the trust he has earned from CFG brass.

I feel like people are of two minds:
"Don't treat us like a farm team and send us people who aren't ready for top four league football."
"We're not big enough to keep a Euro-based talent if he does well."

If you feel like a minor league club supporter, then that's what you'll be. Let's say he does a great job and gets an offer for a top 4 job. We know he wouldn't be leaving for some shit storm of a club, simply because it would be a big step down in quality of employer and a big step up in risk if he's already built a high quality set up here for NYC. He'd likely only leave voluntarily for a club where he feels success is somewhat imminent, ie, top 4 Europa level.

Don't you think that we'd then have quite a deeper pool of interested candidates if we are a launching pad for such a job?

the academy is YEARS away from being relevant. but for that launch pad to be real he has to stay more than one year thats for sure. if he gets similar results as kreis then he gets cut and down the drain again and we start over in 2017

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
the academy is YEARS away from being relevant. but for that launch pad to be real he has to stay more than one year thats for sure. if he gets similar results as kreis then he gets cut and down the drain again and we start over in 2017

Assuming all of that comes to pass, then yes. Seems like a real possibility. All I'm saying is that for him to move on to a bigger job, a lot of things would have to come to fruition. Pretty much all of them include us having a helluva good time putting up good results and watching a well-organized, competently-coached squad.

Assuming all of that comes to pass, then yes. Seems like a real possibility. All I'm saying is that for him to move on to a bigger job, a lot of things would have to come to fruition. Pretty much all of them include us having a helluva good time putting up good results and watching a well-organized, competently-coached squad.

a true a super awesome 2016 and wenger calling it quits at arsenal in 2017 can do the trick.

Is Vieira the guy for the job? I have no idea, nobody does. Is Kreis the guy for the job? No... he has proven he is not. I think this is an opportunity to get someone in here with real upside. Can it be a huge dumpster fire? Yes absolutely but Red Bulls looked like a dumpster fire with their coaching carousel this year too and that worked out great for them. I get the wanting MLS experience debate but why not try to evolve from MLS instead of regurgitating the same failed coaches over and over. I would love to watch a well coached team which certainly hasn't taken place for us.

How comfortable are you really that MCFC is clearly making personnel decisions for our club?

Don't mean to be rude, but don't we already have enough evidence to be pretty clear on that debate?
I'm not actually saying that's the case, although I realize I gave that impression. I'm leaning that way, but waiting to see if it remains consistent. This rumor has been denied by the team, btw, fwiw.

Is Vieira the guy for the job? I have no idea, nobody does. Is Kreis the guy for the job? No... he has proven he is not. I think this is an opportunity to get someone in here with real upside. Can it be a huge dumpster fire? Yes absolutely but Red Bulls looked like a dumpster fire with their coaching carousel this year too and that worked out great for them. I get the wanting MLS experience debate but why not try to evolve from MLS instead of regurgitating the same failed coaches over and over. I would love to watch a well coached team which certainly hasn't taken place for us.
How can you say after half a season of having his roster that he's not the guy for the job? The results were 100% normal from an expansion team, even one with big names.

Pirlo, Villa, and Lampard aren't the guys who win you games. It's the Ozzie Alonsos and Brad Evans that do. We haven't had nearly the time to build that kind of a roster, and Kreis' track record is very successful in Salt Lake, where he was able to work unimpeded.

This is reactionary bullshit from a club that didn't like having someone get pissed about the Lampard bullshit. How do you figure Reyna, who is a clown by most accounts, keeps his job but Kreis doesn't?

Let's assume for the sake of argument (fucking lawyer in me almost used "arguendo", I suck) it happens, to me it would emphasize that CFG wants this team to succeed as quickly as possible and has little patience for any bumps in the road or missteps in the direction of the team. I'm ok with that attitude. It also suggests that they are comfortable sharing their stars or stars-in-the-making at all levels of the team. I'm ok with that too. I will take wins over perception any day. An MLS Cup carrying feeder works for me. I'm not saying that it would be a successful move (that would remain to be seen), but I'm comfortable with the motivation.

And rumor or not, this is great. I hope the next three months are filled with many a rumor like this, and a steady dish of concrete news and moves as well, to keep the fun of this forum alive during the dark days of the off-season.

Let's assume for the sake of argument (fucking lawyer in me almost used "arguendo", I suck) it happens, to me it would emphasize that CFG wants this team to succeed as quickly as possible and has little patience for any bumps in the road or missteps in the direction of the team. I'm ok with that attitude. It also suggests that they are comfortable sharing their stars or stars-in-the-making at all levels of the team. I'm ok with that too. I will take wins over perception any day. An MLS Cup carrying feeder works for me. I'm not saying that it would be a successful move (that would remain to be seen), but I'm comfortable with the motivation.

its right attitude but i assume its not so easy in MLS with salary cap and also talent pool not the greatest it can be challenging ( keep in mind guys that two more teams will be added after this season so more players will be lost) to get team built if big changes are made every year.

How does hiring a guy who's never worked with allocation money give you confidence in improving our trash backline? You think Reyna's ass is fixing it? Fat chance.

Not true. In some fuzzy overall sense, yes, barely, maybe. And certainly with respect to some events. But there will be specific decisions that have to be made about player loans, etc., and to think the interests can align perfectly n all instances is fantasy. At some point you have to decide, are we running NYCFC for NYCFC or for the overseas masters?

You seem to be suggesting it's one or the other - they either treat us as an autonomous club that can and should be left to grow and thrive, or they are our imperial masters, using New York as a testing ground for their fringe players/coaches.

I'd say there is a hint of the overlord (hey everyone, let's revisit Lampardgate) and some autonomous build up (setting up the club, giving us cash and stature to get guys like Villa, Pirlo) and some instances that are a bit of both (we getthe benefit of Facey and Angelino, while MCFC get their development).

Insert your own analogy here about the child becoming a man and needing some assistance in the formative years.

Also, to the concerns about "what happens if X player or manager is too good, then buggers off and we're back where we were" - if it is to MCFC that's one thing, but if they go elsewhere that's just the nature of football for all but the biggest clubs. DUFC were playing their best football for 30 years and top of the league, when the chairman sold our best players to Celtic. Now we're bottom of the league, with our latest emerging stars now being linked with moves away.

Status
Not open for further replies.