Nycfc Coaching Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think that MLS teams need a coach that can work well with American players, who don't have the same relationship to authority that Europeans are used to. That doesn't mean an MLS coach has to be American, but it can't be a European - my way or the Eurorail - kind of guy.

What in the name of sweet zombie Jesus are you talking about? As a European, can you explain how my "relationship to authority" differs to people of pure American blood? Are there any other nationalities you'd like to see barred from the job? Heard a lot about those Mexicans lately.

If CFG are sending us their best people outside the first team, I don't see how that's anything other than an indication of how much they want our club to succeed and deliver more wins and a more appealing brand of soccer.

CFG's responsibility should be to get us the best manager out there. Shouldn't matter if he's from Man City, Kansas City or Guatemala City. If, after months of searching, they decide that Vieira is truly, honestly the best available candidate for the job, then fine, hire him. But it looks more than a bit fucking convenient that he just happens to be a parent-club scion. Let alone one whose management career to date has exclusively focused on securing a bright future for our Dear Leaders.

This is more important than just getting a few minutes of gametime for a tidy young left back - we're talking about the manager of the fucking team here.

As I have mentioned in the past, if there is any truth to the noise about JK and CFG clashing or an irreconcilable divide with his players, he's gone regardless of whatever else there is to say about his lineup choices or the trials and tribulations of an inaugural season.

CFG's responsibility should be to get us the best manager out there. Shouldn't matter if he's from Man City, Kansas City or Guatemala City. If, after months of searching, they decide that Vieira is truly, honestly the best available candidate for the job, then fine, hire him. But it looks more than a bit fucking convenient that he just happens to be a parent-club scion. Let alone one whose management career to date has exclusively focused on securing a bright future for our Dear Leaders.

This is more important than just getting a few minutes of gametime for a tidy young left back - we're talking about the manager of the fucking team here.
I can't disagree with you. As a matter of fact, I fully agree with that.

But who's to say they haven't spent the last 3 months doing this? A little odd that the "Bob Bradley wanted the job" rumor came out in the last few weeks. For someone to leak that indicates to me that it's possible that a potential opening has been floated in insider-type circles to gauge interest some time ago.

I can't disagree with you. As a matter of fact, I fully agree with that.

But who's to say they haven't spent the last 3 months doing this? A little odd that the "Bob Bradley wanted the job" rumor came out in the last few weeks. For someone to leak that indicates to me that it's possible that a potential opening has been floated in insider-type circles to gauge interest some time ago.

You're probably right - which is why it would be even more dubious if the job ends up going to a Man City guy. Say you're at work and head office says they've looked far and wide for the best candidate out there for a key role, then announce they're just going to promote the CEO's son. You don't think eyebrows would be raised?

Last edited:
We need a long term solution at manager if Kreis goes, not a temporary stop for MC's next manager. I don't want a new manager and a new system in 2-3 years when this guy leaves us for greener pastures.

We need a long term solution at manager if Kreis goes, not a temporary stop for MC's next manager. I don't want a new manager and a new system in 2-3 years when this guy leaves us for greener pastures.
Perfectly stated. I have real issues if this rumor is true. Real issues with the owners having no clear plan, real issues with thinking managing in MLS is so simple someone with no managerial experience can do it and huge issues with the perception of NYCFC as nothing but a feeder club.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
Why does NYCFC issue a denial if they are going to fire him after Sunday's game? If they were going to fire him, they would just be quiet until they fire him.

I just heard that Vieira's daughter told her classmates that she is moving to New York. Apparently Vieira also has an apartment in TriBeCa.
Lol oh no we're back to the getting source information from kids again like Pirlo.

Reactions: JayH
Which underperforming JK coach will get the ax first? Maybe they should just switch places.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Status
Not open for further replies.