Nycfc Coaching Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does hiring a guy who's never worked with allocation money give you confidence in improving our trash backline? You think Reyna's ass is fixing it? Fat chance.
Because hiring a guy who had is what built that trash backline. And you can't really make it about the money. Some of our biggest non-DP salaries were the big culprits in making that trash backline.

Further, you don't take a flyer on George John unless you think you have a settled back four.

I would put all of those decisions on Kreis. Our most consistent (least inconsistent?) defender was gifted to us by CFG and Vieira. And we played him out of position or not at all for quite some time.

Because hiring a guy who had is what built that trash backline. And you can't really make it about the money. Some of our biggest non-DP salaries were the big culprits in making that trash backline.

Further, you don't take a flyer on George John unless you think you have a settled back four.

I would put all of those decisions on Kreis. Our most consistent (least inconsistent?) defender was gifted to us by CFG and Vieira. And we played him out of position or not at all for quite some time.
And how are you sure that Kreis made those calls, and not Reyna (who is staying)?

There should absolutely be some changes made, but laying those personnel calls at Kreis' feet (and not Reyna or CFG's) rings a bit hollow when Reyna and CFG are in charge of personnel.

Edit: I'm not arguing that you can't fault Jason for this season not being a smashing success. I'm sure he had some input on players - not all, but some.

But as I said *before the season started*, it shouldn't shock anyone if the club didn't make the playoffs. That's how expansion seasons work, particularly if you're integrating half of a new XI after the table's mostly been set. He wasn't given a realistic chance to succeed.

Last edited:
How can you say after half a season of having his roster that he's not the guy for the job? The results were 100% normal from an expansion team, even one with big names.

Pirlo, Villa, and Lampard aren't the guys who win you games. It's the Ozzie Alonsos and Brad Evans that do. We haven't had nearly the time to build that kind of a roster, and Kreis' track record is very successful in Salt Lake, where he was able to work unimpeded.

This is reactionary bullshit from a club that didn't like having someone get pissed about the Lampard bullshit. How do you figure Reyna, who is a clown by most accounts, keeps his job but Kreis doesn't?

The second paragraph above is spot on and something everyone needs to understand. We can trot out 3 terrific players, but that's only 30% of the outfield. Right now, we are outclassed almost every time at the other positions. That will change - Poku, Mullins, Mix, TMac, etc. are a good start. But, it's not going to happen overnight.

Reactions: SoupInNYC and Jock
If Viera comes in does that mean he's bringing in his own coaching staff? What a clusterfuck...

You seem to be suggesting it's one or the other - they either treat us as an autonomous club that can and should be left to grow and thrive, or they are our imperial masters, using New York as a testing ground for their fringe players/coaches.

I'd say there is a hint of the overlord (hey everyone, let's revisit Lampardgate) and some autonomous build up (setting up the club, giving us cash and stature to get guys like Villa, Pirlo) and some instances that are a bit of both (we getthe benefit of Facey and Angelino, while MCFC get their development).

Insert your own analogy here about the child becoming a man and needing some assistance in the formative years.

Also, to the concerns about "what happens if X player or manager is too good, then buggers off and we're back where we were" - if it is to MCFC that's one thing, but if they go elsewhere that's just the nature of football for all but the biggest clubs. DUFC were playing their best football for 30 years and top of the league, when the chairman sold our best players to Celtic. Now we're bottom of the league, with our latest emerging stars now being linked with moves away.
You completely misstate what I said. And maybe that's my fault for not being clear. I don't think so but I'm accepting of the possibility. But we both seem to agree that there can be areas where the interests can be in perfect alignment and others where they will not.

Reactions: Jock
And how are you sure that Kreis made those calls, and not Reyna (who is staying)?

There should absolutely be some changes made, but laying those personnel calls at Kreis' feet (and not Reyna or CFG's) rings a bit hollow when Reyna and CFG are in charge of personnel.

Edit: I'm not arguing that you can't fault Jason for this season not being a smashing success. I'm sure he had some input on players - not all, but some.

But as I said *before the season started*, it shouldn't shock anyone if the club didn't make the playoffs. That's how expansion seasons work, particularly if you're integrating half of a new XI after the table's mostly been set. He wasn't given a realistic chance to succeed.
The fact that Reyna has kept his figurehead role leads me to believe that he didn't have much to do with those decisions. I don't think they would lightly decide to dump Kreis. If, as some have indicated, that decision has been made, it screams to me that what I and others have suspected and feared was indeed the case, i.e., Kreis had lost the locker room or at least the brass perceived him to have.

So everyone's talking about this as a live possibility despite the official denial. Is that because people don't believe the denial, or what the hell, it's just fun to discuss even if it was made up?

THANK YOU!

I feel like I'm the only one that sees this.

Jesus Christ, we don't even get original jerseys and now they're planning on training their future coaches by having them coach here? For fucks sake this isn't what I thought I was in for when this team was pitched. It's a disgrace to have a top tier NYC team be a feeder to a team in Manchester of all places.
Yeah this may be the last straw for me if this ends up happening. It would be obvious at that point that this franchise will never be anything but MCFC's bitch.

Where's Falastur Falastur ? Didn't he say CFG don't do coaching carousels?

I'll believe this rumour when it's confirmed by the club.

If it's true, it'll be the first time CFG have fired a coach who had managed fewer than 75 games. In fact, it'll only be the third time they've sacked a manager, across all of their four clubs combined. That's my point.

So everyone's talking about this as a live possibility despite the official denial. Is that because people don't believe the denial, or what the hell, it's just fun to discuss even if it was made up?
You're actually English, aren't you? That's some dry humo(u)r right there.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Status
Not open for further replies.