NYCFC II - General Discussion

BARAZZA needs minutes. but since he's the #2, it's unlikely he'll play for the II squad. He's kind of stuck, which is a shame. He should be playing all USOC games, so I guess that's good.
If the teams don't play on the same day and play near each other i wonder if they'd bring him in?

If the teams don't play on the same day and play near each other i wonder if they'd bring him in?

There are already 2 keepers on the II roster and you also have Mizell. 4 keepers all vying for time on the II squad seems a bit much. I could see Mizell getting some playing time, but I think Barazza will be stuck despite needing minutes.

Reactions: Shwafta
Pilkington noted that there is a lot of communication with Ronny in regards to getting certain first team players minutes, but he dodged the part of my question in regards to specific first team players we can expect to see this weekend.

The guy gives a lot of great detail though in the press conference.

Too late to make the match earlier huh? Start at 3:00 rather than 5:00. I would like to be there but not going to miss the first half of the U.S. match for it. It's a rough break for the timing for the opener, I'm sure a bunch of people are going to make the same choice.

Too late to make the match earlier huh? Start at 3:00 rather than 5:00. I would like to be there but not going to miss the first half of the U.S. match for it. It's a rough break for the timing for the opener, I'm sure a bunch of people are going to make the same choice.
I'm headed straight to a bar to watch USA afterwards.

Reactions: JayH

Looking at the roster on the website, I wouldn't be surprised to see 6 or 7 first team players in the lineup today (I am counting the 3 homegrowns in that number)

Ronny was there at the end! I said hi, but he and mehdy were going to their car and didn't wanna bother them lol. I kinda wanted to have him sign my hat

Reactions: moogoo
I like it. It's a good experience. It's like the old shootouts of og MLS. But actual penalties.
I also like it for the dev league because now a lot of those players are getting and will get a lot more chances at taking penalties which is something that normally rarely happens. It's good for the pressure and it's good for learning how to take penalties.

Also, Barraza's penalty save was magnificent!

Haak is an excellent tackler and is good with the ball at his feet, but his passing needs some work if he ever wants to play in the first team, imo.

Reactions: moogoo
I like it. It's a good experience. It's like the old shootouts of og MLS. But actual penalties.
I also like it for the dev league because now a lot of those players are getting and will get a lot more chances at taking penalties which is something that normally rarely happens. It's good for the pressure and it's good for learning how to take penalties.
Both your points are perfectly valid, I just hate penalties as a way to decide a match. Let it be tied, or if it can't be because it's a final I guess I'm just an extra innings guy at heart. Or something.

Reactions: Vallos and Shwafta
You just have to accept funky rule changes in development leagues. And you can't much care about results, either. It's like when preseason and other friendlies often have unlimited subs, Don't let a fixed schedule and league table cloud the fact that this is not a real league with competition as its primary goal.

You just have to accept funky rule changes in development leagues. And you can't much care about results, either. It's like when preseason and other friendlies often have unlimited subs, Don't let a fixed schedule and league table cloud the fact that this is not a real league with competition as its primary goal.
Not at all disagreeing with anything you said, but that doesn't mean I have to like penalties as a way of deciding a match. You can't make me! LOL.