Nycfc In Cozumel Mx

SharkGuyChris

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Jul 18, 2014
First off Cozumel is a 2nd home for me. Besides NYCFC my life is Diving. Me and my family have been going to the island and resort for over 10 years now. The people their know me and my family very well, and I've talked soccer with them tons of times before, mostly National, and La Liga.

That being said, I saw more Love walking around the small Mexican island with my NYCFC jersey than in the states. I wore my home jersey when I landed and got to the resort. My foot was barely out of the van when the bellboy announced "Nuevo York!!!! David Villa!!". And that was the beginning. Everytime I wore a Sky Blue shirt I was getting high fives from every member of the staff. And I heard the more cynical people say ohh it's for tips. But they knew way too much for it to just be that they knew the Team cause of Villa or Man City. They were asking me how I felt about Lamp-gate, Mix and who the 3rd DP is gonna be. Hell the bartender loved the McNamara Christmas Message.

I have a good feeling that the that they could be our Sister Island haha :)

First off Cozumel is a 2nd home for me. Besides NYCFC my life is Diving. Me and my family have been going to the island and resort for over 10 years now. The people their know me and my family very well, and I've talked soccer with them tons of times before, mostly National, and La Liga.

That being said, I saw more Love walking around the small Mexican island with my NYCFC jersey than in the states. I wore my home jersey when I landed and got to the resort. My foot was barely out of the van when the bellboy announced "Nuevo York!!!! David Villa!!". And that was the beginning. Everytime I wore a Sky Blue shirt I was getting high fives from every member of the staff. And I heard the more cynical people say ohh it's for tips. But they knew way too much for it to just be that they knew the Team cause of Villa or Man City. They were asking me how I felt about Lamp-gate, Mix and who the 3rd DP is gonna be. Hell the bartender loved the McNamara Christmas Message.

I have a good feeling that the that they could be our Sister Island haha :)
That's awesome! I have heard good things about Cozumel and I hope to visit soon. Whats the name of the resort?

We stay as Sunscape Cozumel. Great place, the beach is Right there (most resorts there's a little hike to a beach haha). And the support staff is Amazing, the island itself is Unbelievably Safe, Friendly and Resilient. If anyone is going I'd be more than happy to hook people up with the spots to check out haha :)

Hell I already talked to my friend who's from Mexico City and a Club America fan, we're both hoping for a Club America and NYCFC to have a Match.......if so Party in Cozumel!! haha

I have been diving for the last couple of years and Coz is on my list of my places to visit. I am glad to hear your enthusiasm for the place in general.

Reactions: SharkGuyChris
I have been diving for the last couple of years and Coz is on my list of my places to visit. I am glad to hear your enthusiasm for the place in general.
If you go let me know. My buddy owns a Dive op and Coffee Shop haha, and is the Club America fan. :)(and if anyone needs gear PM me haha, I'm well hooked up in the Dive world and def can do a NYCFC discount :) )

Reactions: obsession600
I'm headed to the DR in a few weeks to put my feet up extensively - I'll test the waters both swimming and nycfc when I get there. I'm a huge fan of cozumel, mexico city, rincon de guyabitos, actaully the whole pacific coast ... Mexico is awesome ... also tequila/mezcal!!!

If you go let me know. My buddy owns a Dive op and Coffee Shop haha, and is the Club America fan. :)(and if anyone needs gear PM me haha, I'm well hooked up in the Dive world and def can do a NYCFC discount :) )
Nice to know. I'll be the guy at Dutch Springs this summer with a NYCFC sticker on my doubles.